SOUTH AFRICA: Wintershoek Safaris

Bart Manning

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Just returned from a safari my wife won at SCI with Wintershoek. I have hunted Africa numerous times but this was the first time my wife was the sole hunter. She had an incredible time. At first she was a little timid, but the Wintershoek staff made her feel very comfortable. The PH got her in for reasonable shots and she did very well. The "free" hunt ended up a little costly because after the first couple of days my wife was in the swing of things and at full speed and couldn't get enough ... Africa has a way of doing that to all of us! After the included species had been taken we ended up hunting several additional animals, including a very nice 43" sable ... I think my wife is fully hooked now. I will be hard pressed to get her to sit back and watch me in the future. On the last night they prepared a camp fire cook out inside a stone and wood boma under a giant Sheppards tree .... my wife is hooked. Thank You Wintershoek for a great trip!

Sable.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad she had a good time.
Congratulations.

Ask her if she would not mind sharing her stories her with us.

Welcome to AH!!! Congrats to your wife on a fine sable! Now you may be able to go back more often if she wants to go as well!!!

It was her 4th trip to Africa but first time as the sole hunter. I think the sable is what really did it for her. I have a very nice 42" Sable from Zim from the 90's and I think she really liked the fact that she got a bigger one than mine. It took about 3 hours of tracking to get on her sable which made the hunt even batter once it was successful. I have a hippo hunt next year and she is already trying to figure out what she can hunt. My kids have hunted Africa twice as well, so between my wife and daughters wanting to return I'm sure I will watch the sun rise in Africa many more times, God willing!

Congratulations to you and your wife. Very nice sable indeed.

Nothing like a Rowland Ward Sable, I want one too. Congratulations.

Congrats to your wife, very nice sable indeed.

Welcome to AH sir!

That's great family fun right there,lol

Congrats!! Very nice sable indeed

Welcome to AH! Congratulations on an excellent hunt and to your wife on an outstanding sable! Looking forward to more pictures and reports!

Congrats and thanks for the write up. Not sure I could go to Africa and let someone else do ALL the hunting/shooting. My trigger finger would be twitching something fierce.

Congrats, what a beautiful sable!

Welcome to AH, and congrats on your hunt !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,