SOUTH AFRICA: Well We Are Here At Hartzview Hunting Safaris

Congrats, that was a great hunt, specially hunting with your wife, and you collected some very nice trophies.

That kudu you missed is the perfect excuse to go back to Africa.

Reactions: PLM
What a waterbuck!!!

Offhanded!!! I couldn't hit a barn offhanded with that gun! Hell of a shot!

For inquiring minds the 308 was loaded with 150 gr Accubonds over 45.3 gr Varget at about 2800fps
My 300 win mag was shooting 200 gr Accubonds over 72 gr of H-4831 at about the same velocity.
The 500 was loaded with 325 gr Barnes XPBs over 41 gr H-110. I don't remember the velocity.
All the animals were taken with one bullet except the gemsbok. I shot the zebra a second time for insurance. The only bullet that we recovered was one under the skin of the off shoulder of the gemsbok. I had never hunted with accubonds and had some partitions loaded just in case. I sure can't complain about bullet performance, the ones that didn't drop at the shot did not go far.

Thanks for sharing your hunt with us.
It is always nice to see members who have had good experiences.

Looks like you had a great time. That Waterbuck is a fantastic consolation prize. Sometimes you just have to take what Africa offers. That was a great offhand shot your wife made. I'm sure that made your PH's day. Congrats Bruce

Looks like you had a great time. That Waterbuck is a fantastic consolation prize. Sometimes you just have to take what Africa offers. That was a great offhand shot your wife made. I'm sure that made your PH's day. Congrats Bruce
Thank you. When I heard the tone in the PH's voice when he told me I needed to shoot that waterbuck, I knew it was a good one. Everyone was excited about the pistol shot on the impala. While practicing at home, the wife did not like shooting with the scope. I took it off and her shooting improved by 150 percent. Likewise, believe it or not, she shoots it better freehand than off the sticks.

That waterbuck is a great one. I took one on that ranch to and there is some monster waterbuck and kudu there. Great job by the wife on that impala to. great report

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!