www.travelexpressagency.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
South Africa UPDATE
US citizens are currently not allowed entry into South Africa for leisure according to the South African Department of Health. This list will be revisited every two weeks.

120560367_3912986412048932_2743560258589191939_n.jpg

As a us citizen I think you can write off South Africa for a few years to come.
South Africa UPDATE
US citizens are currently not allowed entry into South Africa for leisure according to the South African Department of Health. This list will be revisited every two weeks.

View attachment 370044

With all the crap going on and all the shooting. I hope I can still get my hunt in?

With all the crap going on and all the shooting. I hope I can still get my hunt in?
Stay in communication with your outfitter for the most accurate and up to date info. No outfitter would risk their reputation by putting your personal safety in question. Africa has had areas to avoid for decades. Unfortunately, crime and political unrest is part of the landscape there in certain locations. The vast majority of the current unrest is isolated to certain areas RSA which is a big place with many provinces. For some perspective, would you cancel a trip to Disney World because of the violence in Chicago?

.................. For some perspective, would you cancel a trip to Disney World because of the violence in Chicago?

No, but you might want to give due consideration if ORD was the only Airport access to Disneyland.

I was so pleased to hear how much of the black community today started to help all those shops looted to clean up. They just arrived, took mops, buckets etc and started to help clean up the shops without even being asked to help. Comes to show....

No, but you might want to give due consideration if ORD was the only Airport access to Disneyland.

Is there rioting and looting currently happening at OR Tambo that I am unaware of?

And btw, I have been through Orlando and Jo'burg many times. There are areas of both which should be avoided equally...

Last edited:
Are they allowing transit to other countries or no entry to south africa at all? We are 3 weeks from a Namibia hunt

Are they allowing transit to other countries or no entry to south africa at all? We are 3 weeks from a Namibia
Oct 2020 not now....

2021?

Well this sucks

I was so pleased to hear how much of the black community today started to help all those shops looted to clean up. They just arrived, took mops, buckets etc and started to help clean up the shops without even being asked to help. Comes to show....
The great mass of the world's sane, normal people are beginning to rise up against the fringe lunacy. It happened in Zimbabwe, it is happening in Cuba and it is happening in the USA with the crazy liberalism losing ground steadity. Sane people recognise right and wrong, they always have, but they were too polite to challenge crazies. Not any more. South Africa will not only come out of this mess soon, but will be stronger, better for it. The priority now is to create jobs, jobs, jobs.

FYI,

I just completed a conversation on WhatsApp this morning with returning clients who were in OR Tambo waiting for their flight home. When I inquired as to the current situation, they reported no issues during their guesthouse overnight at Afton Safari Lodge, or with arriving or departing Jo'burg coming from the Limpopo. They witnessed no rioting or unrest of any kind and they encountered one road checkpoint on the way into Jo'burg that they were waived through after the officials recognized them as safari clients traveling in a marked vehicle.

I have been in email and WhatsApp contact almost daily with clients and our PHs. I will certainly post any updates or travel safety concerns as I receive them.

Is there rioting and looting currently happening at OR Tambo that I am unaware of?

Within a few miles of OR Tambo apparently on that particular day. No idea today.
Which is reasonable for members to consider when making travel plans for their hunt. All the Outfitters will obviously be working hard to be up to date and maintain safety.

Google Maps has added a live tracker function for Gauteng residents to avoid riots and looting happening in and around province.
unnamed.png

Within a few miles of OR Tambo apparently on that particular day. No idea today.

Which is why it is best for clients to stay in close communication and rely on their outfitters who can provide the most current and accurate information on the ground in real time as opposed to dated reports, speculation, and sensationalized media reports from a dynamic situation.

Last edited:
Yeah I am claiming that I had a blonde moment or not enough coffee when I read yesterday's post and didn't look at the date of the start of this thread :A Bang Head:

@Jörg Krüger yes there will be a hunt report coming up. This trip is a gift to my wife to celebrate her retirement. She will be hunting plains game and I am going after one of the big 5 and mountain zebra.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idahocougs89

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!