SOUTH AFRICA: TwoTracks-KMG Hunting Safaris AH Members Group Hunt 2022

After a successful morning hunt, we headed into Queenstown for a couple of errands and to eat lunch. We had a very good lunch and visited the local gun store. On the drive home we took the scenic route for a little neighborhood appreciation.
996CD452-27E0-4646-9D50-08763085E835.jpeg
A2DCB29B-66B5-4A64-8FC3-58E86B00B50A.jpeg
78ABABB0-9D75-4294-8075-9D8B27D388DC.jpeg
D7943FFD-6E67-4F08-BB9D-263EFD74504C.jpeg

Later that evening, we visited with a local bushpig expert. We sat around the fire, talked hunting, dogs and life. It was a nice evening. We were hopeful that a boar would come into bait that night, but only sows and little pigs. Once again, South Africans are so generous and hospitable with their homes.

Day-8 6,213 steps, 3.1 miles

After a long day and very late night on Day-7, we attempted to sleep in late. Around lunch, I decided it was best to rest a little, reflect, pack, and spend time with people around camp. The evening before, the “K” in KMG came to camp and brought the house dog. I was perfectly happy to stay in camp.
1BE995D3-C6C6-47C8-B427-8DB2C834A272.jpeg

Travel Home

After completing the final paperwork with Marius, Nick and I loaded up the Hi-Lux. A stop at the skinning shed for a few pictures, and we were on our way. We dropped Themba off at his house and picked up Lucky-D for the ride into East London. The guys helped me lug my gear into the airport and then said goodbye.
2AE550FD-28F6-424C-8818-05E2F1A65725.jpeg
84C085AC-FD38-4241-A018-6CBAA7783F35.jpeg

After checking in at the Airlink ticket counter, I had to go upstairs to pay for the excess baggage fees. After paying the fees, the gentlemen gave me the boarding pass. After arrival in JNB, I collected the baggage and rifles and signed the rifle log in that area. I had a couple hours to kill until the Delta ticket counter would open. At 1700L, Delta began to check bags and issue boarding passes. After finishing with Delta, a group of hunters all headed down to a rifle office, to check serial numbers and sign the rifle logbook again.

Arrival in Atlanta was very easy. The global entry machine used facial recognition and did not need my card. It printed the declaration and I handed it into the CBP officer and was on my way. I was in the big Customs room less than 5 minutes. Collect luggage, wait in line for the rifle room. Verify serial numbers with the CBP guys and get your boots sprayed. Collect all your bags and head to the baggage drop, TSA rifle inspection area. Open the rifle case for the TSA guy, lock it back up and leave it there. Proceed through a typical TSA screening checkpoint and onto your domestic gate. From arrival gate to departure gate took 1:40 total. Not bad at all.
AC610D9E-F585-40AE-9D9E-5080D5ED06B9.jpeg
26EBDC33-99E9-4083-ABDC-17863839D580.jpeg

Great report! It looks like you had a very eventful and successful trip

Conclusion
To make this short and sweet: Do it. Find a way to take that first trip. Do not hesitate to book with KMG. I am very grateful for Marius, Nick, Themba, LD, the entire KMG crew, the core group that assisted me every day, and all of the AH members that have shared their experiences before me. I am already making a plan for my next trip….
51C5EB88-02D4-41A6-8C77-136018064935.jpeg

Beautiful country and some really nice trophies. Thanks for sharing the memories.

Well done all around, you took some great animals, congratulations. Thanks for the report and pictures.

Great hunt! You guys did well. I'm completely jealous of your caracal. I think I'm going to have to add that to my trip next year with Marius.

TwoTrack,

Great report and some very good animals that Nyala is exceptional and love the Black wildebeest too with a very good old mature kudu bull to boot.
Whats on the list for the next hunt?

Congratulations @Twotrack! Some very fine animals that you took! What a nyala, kudu and black wildebeest! Very well done!

Great report and excellent trophy's as usual with KMG. Looking forward to hunting with them again next year.

Congrats and thanks for sharing! You had a great hunt, another satisfied hunter with @KMG Hunting Safaris !

Excellent report on a super hunt. Really nice animals too! AH sponsor @KMG Hunting Safaris does it again. Congratulations to all.

Congratulations and thanks for the entertaining report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!