SOUTH AFRICA: Two Weeks With Motshwere Safaris & Outfitters

Very well written. Clear and concise. Being retired military, I recognize and appreciate the style of writing. Reads just like a briefing or After Action Report. You had an amazing safari for a first time shot ( no pun intended). Now that you are hooked, when is your next one due?

Very well written. Clear and concise. Being retired military, I recognize and appreciate the style of writing. Reads just like a briefing or After Action Report. You had an amazing safari for a first time shot ( no pun intended). Now that you are hooked, when is your next one due?

It really was a good safari all around. I would like to go back in a few years when my sons are old enough to hunt some animals of their own. I have a list of animals I would like to chase down as well, including a Cape Buffalo and the Springbok that eluded me on this trip.

In the meantime, I have my sights set on a trip to Romania. My dad's wife is from Romania, and he splits his time between there and the US. They've got several types of deer there, the Chamois, and I think a boar hunt would be a lot of fun. I also have never hunted here in America and I think I ought to at least try for Whitetail, elk, and Pronghorn. Maybe even a Mule Deer.

One "trophy" I was excited to hunt down recently is this carved hippo. We had one very similar to it in our lodge at Motshwere, and I became enamored with it. I tried very hard to locate a similar one without luck for several months after our safari, and recently I finally located one as part of an estate sale. It now resides on my desk where I can watch it for most of the day and daydream about going back to Africa.

We just received word that our trophies have arrived in San Francisco after a lengthy delay due to the pandemic shutdown. It's been 12-1/2 months since we returned home from the safari. Hopefully they will be processed quickly there and then on to the taxidermist!

I got the first mount back from the taxidermist today, my Impala.

PXL_20210119_035108575.jpg

I think it looks pretty good. The dogs are wondering why I let an animal with such tasty-looking horns sit on the couch.

PXL_20210119_035114168.jpg

We got a handful of mounts back from the taxidermist a couple of months ago. All of the African animals came from the trip in this report. The Bison my dad shot in Utah last year. The only animal in this group that was mine is the Gemsbok. He is an impressive mount. One of the most striking animals there is. I don't know where we're going to hang all of these heads. Right now my dad's taxidermy is in a storage unit and mine is in our storage room upstairs.

I've received my Impala, Gemsbok, and my Zebra rug. Still waiting on a Black Wildebeest, Blue Wildebeest, Warthog, Blesbok, and Kudu.

full

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go789click

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois