Kendall Bauer

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
South Africa
I recently returned back from my second trip to Tsala Safris in the Limpopo Region of South Africa. Hunting at Tsala safaris has been an experience unlike any other hunting experience I have ever had. We met Rouan and his brother Niel at a local hunting show and we did not hesitate to book a hunt with them. The first trip I took three animals, a Warthog, an Impala and a 59 inch Kudu. I did not get a shot at the Wildebeest but I knew I would be back soon again. My father and I returned again this summer and brought along two of our friends as well. We were greeted after a long flight from New York to Johannesburg by Rouan's wife and daughter. We drove for a bit and stopped for lunch before driving the rest of the way back to camp. The first night we sat out for a few hours and Michael, one of the people who was with took a beautiful waterbuck. We returned back to the lodge for a large family style dinner. There were six "kids" in camp between the ages of 17 and 20, so for the first few nights we went out predator hunting and took a few rabbits. It was an awesome way to learn first hand about the differences of our cultures. The next few days were very exciting. Three of us all went out to the same blind with Rouan, we all brought our bows along. First we had 7 beautiful zebras come in, soon after a herd of Wildebeest came in too. I got really excited because I was Wildebeest hunting! I stood up and had my bow ready and just waited for Rouan to give me the green light. I waited and waited and finally had a shot at a nice bull and I took it! My bull ran 50 yards and dropped! I made a perfect shot and I was ecstatic. My dad took a baboon later in the week, Chuck took a Nyala and Michael took a Wildebeest too. This trip was amazing and I would go again in a heartbeat!

wildebeest.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH, and congrats for the experience which you seem to have enjoyed very much !

Welcome to AH. Great first post.

Congratulations on your hunt. Thanks for sharing your story and photo.

All the best.

welcome to AH , kendall
enjoyed your report .
congratulations on your adventure ,
id love to see pictures of your last tsala experience .

Congrats, glad you had a great hunt!

Congrats on your hunt and welcome to AH!

Congratulations Kendall.

If you would like more information about Tsala Safaris you can contact Karl at (732)616-4816 or kabx3@aol.com

I am impressed with the Big Blue! Beautiful foto, and vivid post about your hunt. Nice to see young women getting fired up for bowhunting....congrats and welcome.......................FWB

Kendell wellcome to AH and Congrats on your hunt thats a beautiful Blue Wildebeest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg