SOUTH AFRICA: Tsala Safaris April/May 2017

Great animals and hugely impressive civet. Shooting in the dark (literally) is tough, but you got a great one!

You'll have to go back for the honey badger!

Thanks Hank! This was my first experience hunting at night in Africa and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm already planning a return trip for that badger and bushbuck!!

I am going for the Sable and targets of opportunity in Sept. Can not make it before then. Eager to get back to South Africa

I am going for the Sable and targets of opportunity in Sept. Can not make it before then. Eager to get back to South Africa

You'll have a great time and I hope you get a big one! I did see several other nice ones after I got mine.

I wish I had the time to go back again this year....maybe next year though.

Be sure and post a report when you get back too!

Congratulations on your hunt.

Nice old sable.(y)

Thanks for the report.

Great report! Heading over soon to the Limpopo again--hope to harvest a sable like yours!! Congratulations.

Great report! Heading over soon to the Limpopo again--hope to harvest a sable like yours!! Congratulations.
Thank you and good luck on your hunt!

I am extending the Sable hunt by 5 days. Want to enjoy the hunt , the hospitality, the food, and the stalks. I enjoy the stalks as much or more than the shots.

I am extending the Sable hunt by 5 days. Want to enjoy the hunt , the hospitality, the food, and the stalks. I enjoy the stalks as much or more than the shots.

10 days will be great! Wish I could've stayed that long....

Awesome sable!!

Recently got back from Sable hunt. Took a good Sable, Kudu, and a Cape Buffalo. The Buffalo became available on short notice. He green measured 44 inches wide. Will have shoulder mount of Sable and Cape Buffalo done at Bulls Eye taxidermy. Eureopean mount of Kudu, and skin tanned into leather. Of course the hunt and experience were great.

Yes sir...I was following along on Facebook. You definitely got some fine animals! I'll be back in SA in November and plan on stopping by Bull's Eye to drop off some more animals(hopefully) and check on my animals from May. I'll keep an eye out for yours and take some pics for you....if they've started them.

Are you going to do a hunt report? I'm sure we'd all enjoy hearing about your hunt and seeing pictures.

Congrats again!

Beautiful animals, great hunt. Thanks for sharing.

Attaching photos. Photos worth a thousand words. The variety of animals in Africa is amazing.
IMG_6765.JPG
IMG_6781.JPG
IMG_6829.JPG
IMG_6967.JPG

Hunted with Rouan and Brandon again in August 2019. Harvested a Croc, Black Wildebeast, Springbuck, and Warthog. Had a great time and hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg