SOUTH AFRICA: Trophy's Back From South Africa

Hagar

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Four days shy of one year we received our Trophy's back from South Africa. We went with Liam Urry Safaris on a trip of a life time. I am sure my son will be posting some pics next week of his Trophy's.

IMG_1312.jpg

The taxidermy was done by Black Bear Taxidermy out of Kimberley South Africa. They were great to work with the price was fair and they did an excellent job. There was no damage to any mount in either crate every mount was very well packed and supported.

IMG_1317.jpg

We used SBS Logistics for shipping. Very easy to work with.

IMG_1318.jpg

We used Coppersmiths to clear the shipment in San Francisco. I will use someone else the next time or clear my own.

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

Yes my wife is very understanding. A little on the small side Gemsbok from New Mexico. But a hunt with a lot of memories. Nine days of hunting and I was very happy to get him.

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1312.jpg
    IMG_1312.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_1316.jpg
    IMG_1316.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_1317.jpg
    IMG_1317.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_1318.jpg
    IMG_1318.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1322.jpg
    IMG_1322.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_1324.jpg
    IMG_1324.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_1326.jpg
    IMG_1326.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 358
Good looking critters. Never apologize for the animals you take, especially the hard earned ones.

Beutiful trophies! I love the kudu.

Wonderful, thanks for sharing Hagar!

Thanks for the kind words. This was my once in a lifetime trip. So yes as you all know I can't wait to get back. No such thing as once.

Great animals. Looks like you had a wonderful hunt! I also agree with the earlier post, you should be happy with that Gemsbok from NM with no exceptions, he's nice and those hunts I hear are really fun. I'm looking to do one myself. Great trophies throughout your room, man!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice trophy room

Like the room also. The zebra is great.

Congrats on successful dispersion of your trophies throughout the house!

Looks good.

Congrats with some great looking trophies! :)

Beautiful trophies. That wildebeest looks positively wicked! Will you post the story of the hunt (or have you already, in which case I apologize)?

timbear,
Please don't apologize. We did post it but was back on 10/21/2011. Look in the search box for South Africa trip report with Liam Urry Safaris (lots of pics)

Nice trophies, thanks for sharing !

Nice mounts! That is dream warthog! And I like your mule deer too!

Very nice! Love the trophy room. I want to convert my basement. Maybe the wife won't notice....

Royal27,

Thanks. I have to do all my tall horned animals on pedestals. It takes up a little more floor space but they are my favorites because you are so up close and personal. My wife is not a hunter but loves animals.

Awesome Mounts thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross