South Africa Travel Advisory, Level 2: Exercise increased caution, January 10, 2018

Everyone in SA knows not to venture up Table Mountain....

Just to clarify, my quote relates to the trail that leads up to Table Mountain that people like to hike, not actually visiting the top of the mountain by cable car.

The report says:
  • Avoid walking alone, especially after dark.
  • Avoid visiting informal settlement areas unless you are with someone familiar with the area.
  • Do not display cash or valuables.
  • Drive with doors locked and windows closed.
I fail to see how this is different from other countries...or am I just plain dumb?

I wouldn’t do that in “downtown Velma, Ok where I was raised (a town of 1200 people who I’ve known since birth). That’s a big “No sh*t genius”

No different than any other major city in the world.

I don’t care where you go crime is there and you can find it if you are not careful. In my job I travel to several big US cities...Memphis being one. I don’t go downtown by myself and walk around under bridges at two in the morning. I know that would not be safe. When in the RSA I try to be aware of where I am and observant of people around me.
As someone mentioned when in Johannesburg RSA I hang out with an armed PH. Frankly I would rather walk around Joberg than Memphis

Hog patrol. Me thinks thou does protest too much. I feel much safer in Joburg than Miami, New Orleans, Memphis, Dallas ,LA etc etc etc how about Haiti orLaos if you want some real fun

I wouldn’t do that in “downtown Velma, Ok where I was raised (a town of 1200 people who I’ve known since birth). That’s a big “No sh*t genius”
I've been to Velma....talk about a dangerous place....:ROFLMAO::D
14591093.png

Attachments

• 14591093.png
    14591093.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 268
I've been to Velma....talk about a dangerous place....:ROFLMAO::D
14591093.png

Sweet shirt. Not many people can say they’ve been to Velma unless they work oilfield or like small town rodeos.

Sweet shirt. Not many people can say they’ve been to Velma unless they work oilfield or like small town rodeos.
Oilfield for me. I was living up in Lindsay at the time, but we had a decent number of wells down near Velma toward Lake Fuqua.

Grew up on a ranch just south of Fuqua lake. Chased a lot of girls in Lindsay. Seems like a hundred years ago. Still live near Pauls Valley. Good area to grow up if you like to hunt and fish, ride horses and chase cattle.

Grew up on a ranch just south of Fuqua lake. Chased a lot of girls in Lindsay. Seems like a hundred years ago. Still live near Pauls Valley. Good area to grow up if you like to hunt and fish, ride horses and chase cattle.

So, you catch more girls, or cattle?

Lots more cattle, girls get mad if you rope them. Sometimes :LOL:

I won't go through Joberg again..Have to fight your way out of every restroom 'cause the boogers block you're exit until you tip them....if you ask directions some jack ass grabs ticket n says follow me then want's a tip while he shows you...Had zero problems in Frankfort ~

Heck here in Topeka Kansas three people shot last night and one today. Constantly shooting people there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you