SOUTH AFRICA: Tootabi Hunting Safaris In The Pink

Enjoyed the report. Thanks for putting in the time to make it so detailed.

New avatar looks great too!

I figured this is an African hunting forum, so I should lose the elk...now that I finally have a pic of an African animal to replace it with!

I am glad that you and your wife had such a great time here in South Africa. I really enjoyed your report and photos. Congrats with your shooting skills.

Regards
Dries

Great hunt report, good to see a local boy living the dream!

Congrats Tim, you had a great hunt and a fantastic time, I envy those two baboons :A Way To Go:

Thanks for sharing !

There is no better read on here than a lengthy detailed report! Thanks for taking the time to write this up, and I'm glad you had a fantastic trip!

If you ever run into another Ruger 300H&H please let me know. Being left-handed I have wanted one for a long time. Saw one at a Cabelas in Texas twice but they wouldn't sell it to me in that I am a Florida resident. Something about Texas and Florida laws. Your report was outstanding. Glad you had such a great experience. I did on mine also and became an addict. Four trips and 5 hunts later, out of funds! But for that I would leave every May and return at the end of September and hunt dangerous game all over Southern Africa. I have the "disease" badly! Good luck on your next hunt. Try Cape Buffalo, I did and now have 2 on the wall.

Thanks buckcurtin.

The Boddington Kudu are really hard to find for sale as there were only 250 made. I look around for them periodically...I'd love to buy a second one myself!

Agree on the buff...Lord willing, one day!

Looks like I got more than I bargained for on my trip!

Just got back from the pharmacy, picking up two antibiotic prescriptions. One for my tick bite fever and one for my parasite! haha

I did tick checks every day of course. But I did miss one that was jammed between my pinkie and ring finger.

It hurt there, but I just assumed I took a thorn, and ignored it. Ooops!

Lesson learned. If some body part hurts, take time to check it out.

Tim

The wonderful tick bite fever. I got that on my first hunt.

Tim,

I told Nancy you got sick and she started laughing! !!

In her defense, she thought you had picked up the same cold that she did while there. When I told her you had tick bite fever she felt really bad... :(

Last edited:
Tim,

I told Nancy you got sick and she started laughing! !!

In her defense, she thought you had picked up the same cold that she sis while there. When I told her you had tick bite fever she felt really bad... :(

Actually, the parasite is causing most of my "problems". :(

That Boddington Buffalo looks like the perfect stablemate to my Kudu!
That's what I thought! And seems a reasonable price but are those scratch marks around the lever pivot screw on that one photo?

Want to buy a No 1H in .375 H&H?
Well, no... I'm more into the bolt action guns and have been going a bit nutso on the Ruger RSM and Express models....

Besides, you "NEED" a 375! It fills that void between the 300 and 400. And if you were to go out and get a 7x57 yet, you could probably consider your armaments complete with classical African calibers for every need! (well, until a 9.3 x 62 shows up someplace;)

And then of course you will have to graduate to a 500 NE Double some day :)

I already have a box of 570gr Barnes X for the 500 Nitro I need to buy.....:A Banana Sad:

Aww heck, I'll just stick with the 300 H&H. It works just fine!

I already have a box of 570gr Barnes X for the 500 Nitro I need to buy.....:A Banana Sad:
Well,,,,, At least buy a case and load one up to put on a shelf to look at! If nothing else they make great conversation pieces ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg