SOUTH AFRICA: Tootabi Hunting Safaris Hunting Trip

Congrats on an excellent hunt!
Good job Loodt!

I was kind of hesitant on giving him such a great review. I'd like to go back in a couple years but if he gets to be to popular, it will be tough to get a reservation. Price is likely to go up as well.... ;)

You have to seize opportunity when it arises. My Marco Polo hunt with Kai at Arpa-Marco Polo is a good example. I got it cheap (for a MP hunt) at the right time with the right circumstances, the stars all aligned so to speak. His prices increased last year slightly and this year they are taking another bigger increase. Still a good deal but Im glad I got in when I did.

Awesome hunt!!! Thanks for sharing, Loodt's hunts seem to be top notch!

Love seeing reports like yours. Nothing like the excitement of a "first safari" Well done. That Gemsbok is a keeper!

The secret that has so many thinking about what it could be. No brass pole but a great night that is with special people.

Greg did you get to hunt with lammie? I see the big guy in the oryx picture and I can hear his voice and my hunt like it was just the other day.
I did hunt with Lammie. Great guy. When I go back, I'll be sure to ask for him as a PH again.

Congrats on a great hunt. Some good looking animals. You'll go a while to get a better Gemsbuck. Good looking Bushbuck too. Your Impala looks better than average. Just a really nice bunch of animals especially for a first trip to Africa. Have you started planning the next trip? Bruce
I'm hoping that in 2 years I can make the trip back. I'd like to do zebra, waterbuck, nyala and wildebeest. Maybe eland, and sable also. I definitely want to do a full blown baboon hunt because I was tortured trying to track one that I had hit in the shoulder. Took a couple hours down a very steep, thorny pass. Blood ran out and we called it quits. I want my revenge!!!! LOL

Congrats Greg! I'm glad that you, your family and Dave all had a great trip. I've yet to hunt with Loodt, but all of my transactions have been first class! I can't wait until August when I make my virgin voyage to the EC to hunt with Loodt.

And on the Eland......... don't ever start hunting them unless you want an addiction! I thought them to be a nice "extra" that would be a one time only kill for the species............... what I found was my favorite hunt of all time. I would literally trade every other hunt that I did in Africa for my eland!

That is one heck of a trophy package for your next hunt! I want to be there for that one.

Greg I just keep going back to look at your Gemsbok and I must say he is Outstanding. Congrats and thanks for sharing the pictures and making the hunting report.

Congrats on a great hunt and awesome pics! Well done Loodt.

Thanks to all the encouraging words and thoughts friends, it is indeed thrilling to read a report and see how satisfied a hunter is and secondly the value he sees in the experiences and memories of the safari.

Peace out everyone, and have a blast of a weekend!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg