www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA

Diamondhitch

AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.diamondhitch.webs.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic
I was kind of hesitant on giving him such a great review. I'd like to go back in a couple years but if he gets to be to popular, it will be tough to get a reservation. Price is likely to go up as well.... ;)

You have to seize opportunity when it arises. My Marco Polo hunt with Kai at Arpa-Marco Polo is a good example. I got it cheap (for a MP hunt) at the right time with the right circumstances, the stars all aligned so to speak. His prices increased last year slightly and this year they are taking another bigger increase. Still a good deal but Im glad I got in when I did.

jeff

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci P&Y
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa in Kwazu Natal, Limpopo, Eastern Cape , Northwest Province, USA Ariz, Nev, Mont, Ida, Ore, Cal, Mich,Wash, AlasKa
Awesome hunt!!! Thanks for sharing, Loodt's hunts seem to be top notch!

Buff-Buster

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
Hunted
Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Love seeing reports like yours. Nothing like the excitement of a "first safari" Well done. That Gemsbok is a keeper!

Greg Bossert

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
The secret that has so many thinking about what it could be. No brass pole but a great night that is with special people.

Greg did you get to hunt with lammie? I see the big guy in the oryx picture and I can hear his voice and my hunt like it was just the other day.
I did hunt with Lammie. Great guy. When I go back, I'll be sure to ask for him as a PH again.

Greg Bossert

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Congrats on a great hunt. Some good looking animals. You'll go a while to get a better Gemsbuck. Good looking Bushbuck too. Your Impala looks better than average. Just a really nice bunch of animals especially for a first trip to Africa. Have you started planning the next trip? Bruce
I'm hoping that in 2 years I can make the trip back. I'd like to do zebra, waterbuck, nyala and wildebeest. Maybe eland, and sable also. I definitely want to do a full blown baboon hunt because I was tortured trying to track one that I had hit in the shoulder. Took a couple hours down a very steep, thorny pass. Blood ran out and we called it quits. I want my revenge!!!! LOL

Wildside Outdoors

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
RMEF, NWTF, SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana, USA- AK, WY, UT, CO, TX, GA, FL, NC, TN, OH, IL, IN, MO, MI, and good ole KY.
Congrats Greg! I'm glad that you, your family and Dave all had a great trip. I've yet to hunt with Loodt, but all of my transactions have been first class! I can't wait until August when I make my virgin voyage to the EC to hunt with Loodt.

And on the Eland......... don't ever start hunting them unless you want an addiction! I thought them to be a nice "extra" that would be a one time only kill for the species............... what I found was my favorite hunt of all time. I would literally trade every other hunt that I did in Africa for my eland!

Warbird782

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI
Hunted
EC and NW Province RSA, USA
That is one heck of a trophy package for your next hunt! I want to be there for that one.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Greg I just keep going back to look at your Gemsbok and I must say he is Outstanding. Congrats and thanks for sharing the pictures and making the hunting report.

Bobpuckett

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
Hunted
USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
Congrats on a great hunt and awesome pics! Well done Loodt.

buchnerl

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SA Hunters, ECGMA
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia
Thanks to all the encouraging words and thoughts friends, it is indeed thrilling to read a report and see how satisfied a hunter is and secondly the value he sees in the experiences and memories of the safari.

Peace out everyone, and have a blast of a weekend!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaulCornwa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.