SOUTH AFRICA: Tootabi Hunting Safari Quick Stop Over & Short Hunt

ActionBob

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Texas Hill Country, Central Minnesota, SW Kansas.
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Australia, Tanzania, Iceland
We had a 2 week RSA Kruger area hunt booked but I wanted to go to the Karroo area and check on our taxidermy from last years animals. So when Loodt visited in March I made arrangements for a 6 day/7 night visit and short hunt following the other hunt.

We wanted to relax a bit and met Loodt's parents the evening we arrived then the next mornuing just started out with a tour of the family farm and loodt's butchery project and skinning/salting facility. Also met some of the other team members and got to participate in some of the chores of the day.

We went to town and purchased some school supplies and then visited a couple kinder garden schools, one of which Loodt is trying to support with a foundation.

IMG_4218.JPG
IMG_4200.JPG
IMG_4198.JPG
IMG_4217.JPG

We then got more of a tour of Patterson including a visit to the Post Office and brief tour of the farm supply co-op.

On the way back Loodt spotted a troop of baboons in one of the pastures and soon the stalk was on but true to my record so far, did not get off a shot before they saw us.

Went back for lunch and then went for a quick Wart Hog hunt on the original Tootabi Farm.
1 Wart Hog Tootabi April2015.JPG

No worries Bob. The baboons have made a fool out of me more than once. Next time I will have my 7.82 Warbird along to take care of that!

Awesome Bob. Keep it coming! Sounds like you had a helluva trip.

For our second full day we went to Addo Elephant Park. Drove around and got to see lots of cool animals, birds and even insecs including of course the endangered flightless dung Beetles of Addo. Had a great picnic lunch Loodt's mother had packed for us and then went on the afternoon horseback ride. Loodt does volunteer work in Addo so knows many of the staff and came along on the ride... He surprised me with some great horsemanship! He had a "warm" horse and it reared up like Silver in the Lone Ranger and Loodt stayed on and got it under control. Near the end of the ride his horse got unruly and went in to a bit of a bronco bucking fit and Loodt simply hopped off, landed on his feet with the reigns in his hands and quickly got the horse back under control and remounted. Unfortunately his camera lens got damaged but he took some pictures for us before that.

After the ride we went to tour a little more special interest stuff and then continued our game drive until closing time when we went to the new restaurant for a nice dinner, then back to the Tootabi lodge.

Pics didn't go through
Yea I'm struggling with that. This happens every time I do a bigger report. Don't know if my computer is too slow (it is pretty new so don't think so)?

Last edited:
Yea I'm struggling with that. This happens every time I do a bigger report. Don't know if my computer is too slow (it is pretty new so don't think so)?
Not sure what the issue is but the site is running properly. Just make sure that your images upload fully before making the post.

Great report so far Bob!

Thanks for the picture of the "Children's Rights." It is a sobering reminder of how good we have it here....

I like the report as well Bob. Please keep it coming.

Sounds like your off on a fun trip Bob.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Have a blast.(y)

Keep it coming.

Your doing great keep it coming and try a simple click and drag to add your photos instead of uploading sometimes it works better.

Sounds like your off on a fun trip Bob.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Have a blast.(y)
Wheels we are home, fun's over except for two reports I'd like to post... Just can't get my pictures to load.

And yes I am clicking and dragging... They load half way but the tabs to expand them don't come up, only one to delete? Even got on another internet connection.... I may just try another thread.

Attachments

• DSC_2793.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 175
  • DSC_2800.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 177
Thanks for the report, looking forward to my trip in Sept!

Wheels we are home, fun's over except for two reports I'd like to post... Just can't get my pictures to load.

And yes I am clicking and dragging... They load half way but the tabs to expand them don't come up, only one to delete? Even got on another internet connection.... I may just try another thread.

Glad your back.

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing the photos. Hopefully the technology issues will be solved soon.

I had that problem a couple weeks ago thought it was me it fixed itself. ActionBob I'm going to borrow one of your pics and see if it will upload for me with no problems then I'll delete
it.

ActionBob I tried it and it did the same to me I think it's the size of the pic 7.29MB sometimes it's just hard to get big pics to load but I don't think its your computer hope it fixes itself love that Kudu pic Awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoraceBrei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!