SOUTH AFRICA: Tootabi Hunting Safari My Trip In June

blakeconstruction

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
After a long deliberation, and many price comparisons I chose Tootabi as my outfitter. What an excellent choice. tootabi.com
I took amazing animals and had the time of my life. Loodt Buchner and his family, made me one of the family.
My PH Lammie and hos tracker Atti were out of this world. I could not have ever hoped for a better PH or a better guy

PHONEPICS2015%201253.jpg

It was a long journey to South Africa, but totally worth the ride. We were hunting the afternoon I landed!!
amazing countryside and beautiful weather!

PHONEPICS2015%201154.jpg

13 days of hunting awaited me and I was roaring to go. We hunted spot and stalk on all animals. we walked and walked many miles!

PHONEPICS2015%201119.jpg

several times we got to hunt pigs for camp meat!

PHONEPICS2015%201766.jpg

I got to experience all of South Africa, even the load sharing!!! we had many candlelit dinners!!!
PHONEPICS2015%201720_1.jpg

common springbuck

PHONEPICS2015%201652.jpg

Nice big water buck

PHONEPICS2015%201561_1.jpg

Nice red haeart beest

PHONEPICS2015%201469.jpg

my wildebeest

PHONEPICS2015%201411.jpg

Gemsbuck

PHONEPICS2015%201322.jpg

Who knew Lammie was such a great photographer!!!!!!

spotting and stalking
PHONEPICS2015%201290.jpg

Kudu camp!!!

PHONEPICS2015%201281.jpg

another kudu shot just over 50"

PHONEPICS2015%201236.jpg

BIIIIIIg old wart hog!!!

PHONEPICS2015%201570.png

my very nice impala

PHONEPICS2015%201433.png

PHONEPICS2015%201866.jpg

This is really what my trip was all about. lammie and the entire Buchner family. I had such a wonderful time and they were such wonderful hosts. Always accommodating every need. tootabi.com

Lammies hunting skills are unsurpassed and I learned much from him, weather in the field or around the fire over a brandy telling stories..... there are far too many memories to list here, but this is a good start.

I will be back soon Buchner family, stock up the bar!!!
Sincerely,
Brandon Blake
Dallas Texas

Thanks for the hunt report, nice trophies, I really love those kudu!!!!

Sounds like the same kind of hunt I had with tootabi and lammie as my Ph. Glad to hear you had a great hunt and you took some very nice animals.

Brandon,
You took some fine trophies. Glad you had such a good time!

Brandon,
Thank you for sharing your hunt with us. You collected some nice trophies. Congrats on a great hunt! @Tootabi Hunting Safaris knows how deliver on some excellent trophies. The Buchners are wonderful people and I cannot wait to visit them again soon.

Go dobber Go! Have a great trip!

Thanks for the report! 3 weeks and I will be headed over for my trip.:A Banana:

Great pictures and thanks so much @blakeconstruction for posting these awesome pictures, and report! It was great having you in camp and we are looking forward in having you at Tootabi again in the near future.

Keep posting them awesome pictures. :p

@MexHunter we are waiting on your arrival and know that the Spiral Horn Slam will be a huge one for all of us, and to @dobber we are counting off the 8 days before your arrival - it will be a great time!

Dobber your time is almost here and I know you must be going crazy now. The wait will be worth it my friend you will see shortly.

Awesome Job well done! Great Pictures and awesome report thanks for sharing.

Congrats on a great hunt, Brandon ! Took very nice trophies too.

Very well done Brandon.....great hunt with very good trophies......congrats to you and the outfit......!!!!!

Glad you had a great hunt.

Thanks for the report.

Awesome report and trophies collected Brandon! Thanks for sharing.

R.

hats off blake , great write up , and good photography , thanks for showing us all , your great trophies .

EXCELLENT! Always a pleasure to read about and view photos of a successful trip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg