South Africa to Reopen February 2021

To me that is positive news , looks like SA should be going down the levels sooner rather than later.

I agree. Doesn't help when the rest of the world is still closed though. However, when they open, we need to be ready to receive them.

We have movement at least .... Inter provincial hunting is open . This means local meat hunters can go and on their annual hunts and also sleep over .

Pretty simple document to be completed but we are getting somewhere.

Hopefully the International travel will resume soon ....the only obstacle I see is the qaurantine period that might hang for a while after travel opens up .

Lets hope all happens sooner rather than later !

Marius the news paper article you posted I will not take to seriously ... to many factors that can influence things ...

We have movement at least .... Inter provincial hunting is open . This means local meat hunters can go and on their annual hunts and also sleep over .

Pretty simple document to be completed but we are getting somewhere.

Hopefully the International travel will resume soon ....the only obstacle I see is the qaurantine period that might hang for a while after travel opens up .

Lets hope all happens sooner rather than later !

Marius the news paper article you posted I will not take to seriously ... to many factors that can influence things ...

There is definitely movement. I concur.

Latest news ....
FB_IMG_1591299198771.jpeg
FB_IMG_1591299207910.jpeg

Delta cancelled my ticket last Thursday. My travel agent is working on getting my money back. I have already received my refund of my emergency evacuation plan. Bossie, my outfitter is refunding part of the day fees of a 7 day hunt. He will hold on to $1500 for a future hunt with him. I planned and paid all of this out last November expecting to depart on this coming 13 Sep. I will not book another international flight, hunting or otherwise until the virus is over.

Talked with Patrick at TWG the other day and he expects Emirates to cancel my tickets soon as well, but hasn't yet for my Sept trip which I canceled months ago. I have no confidence in SA opening this year for foreign hunters, despite some of the optimistic views of some. I just don't see it. Further if they opened tomorrow, I will still wait for some time before attempting such travel. Its just fraught with hazards and inconvenience.
No thanks.

Talked with Patrick at TWG the other day and he expects Emirates to cancel my tickets soon as well, but hasn't yet for my Sept trip which I canceled months ago. I have no confidence in SA opening this year for foreign hunters, despite some of the optimistic views of some. I just don't see it. Further if they opened tomorrow, I will still wait for some time before attempting such travel. Its just fraught with hazards and inconvenience.
No thanks.
PHASA has been saying for two months that international hunting will not return until 2021. Just last week their govt cancelled their domestic meat hunting allowance.

That kinda stinks, I have my trip planned for October. So close.
I was booked for October 20th thru the 30th as well. I agree...STINKS!

I have some great friends in South Africa that send me things like this.
“We’re also dealing with this kind of sh—“ they say.
73B36BDC-A8B6-4E20-86B3-DDFDF1253973.png

And again while there!

Good Luck!! Go get em!

I think we found an out. Our outfitter has pivoted to Namibia, and it looks like we're going to go there instead. Same dates, we just need to get our brain inspected with a q-tip before we leave.

I’ll be leaving from Dallas on Qatar October 18 with one stop in Doha and then on to Windhoek. Will be leaving Windhoek on October 31 and same route home. When and what airline are your dates?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg