www.travelexpressagency.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
SOUTH AFRICA to open borders for international travel October 1.
* Travel may be restricted to and from certain countries that have high infection rates. A list of countries will be published based on the latest scientific data.
*Travellers will only be able to use one of the land border posts that have remained operational during the lockdown or one of the three main airports: King Shaka, OR Tambo and Cape Town International Airport.
*On arrival, travellers will need to present a negative COVID-19 test result not older than 72 hours from time of departure.
*Where a traveller has not done a COVID-19 test prior to departure, they will be required to remain in mandatory quarantine at their own cost.
*All travellers will be screened on arrival and those presenting with symptoms will be required to remain in quarantine until a repeat COVID-19 test is conducted.
*All travellers will be asked to install the COVID Alert South Africa mobile app.
Full release here https://www.gov.za/speeches/preside...h-africas-effort-contain-coronavirus-covid-19

119583879_3869670283047212_1161273663461153709_o.jpg

This is great news. Though I have a sneaking suspicion that the US will be on the naughty list when it gets published. Otherwise, let the games begin!!

I'm anxious to see how the (hopefully) soon to arrive vaccines will affect the 72 hour COVID-19 test requirements. A scheduled overnight in Atlanta before departing for Johanasburg could really screw with the timing. :sick:

I guess time will tell.

Joe

Seriously doubt anyone from the states is going to RSA in October. Next year soonest.

Apprehensive to return until I get my vaccination. Hopefully before next summer.

Delta canceled my November 10 flight Atlanta to JNB. I’m thinking Delta already knows US will be on the high risk list. Hopefully 2021 will work.

No surprises here.

Delta canceled my November 10 flight Atlanta to JNB. I’m thinking Delta already knows US will be on the high risk list. Hopefully 2021 will work.

Flightaware info: ATL to JNB is through Amsterdam, switching over to KLM for the last leg.

Cant find the news item but quite a few European and mid eastern airlines said they would restart flights in oct to joburg..Cape town and durban. Including from memory swiss air.. klm..Lufthansa..emirates ..Ethiopian and think some others...wont be every day to start with for most ...but it was between 2 to 5 times a week depending on airline and the sa destination...will adjust flights as and when demand picks up

*On arrival, travellers will need to present a negative COVID-19 test result not older than 72 hours from time of departure.
American Airlines is the latest to announce plans to provide COVID-19 testing to passengers traveling to international destinations.

The airline on Tuesday said it will offer testing to passengers traveling internationally, starting with guests flying to Jamaica and the Bahamas. The carrier will expand the testing in more international markets in weeks to come.

In doing so, American Airlines joins carriers such as United, JetBlue Airways and Hawaiian Airlines, which already offers tests to some passengers pre-flight.

A number of airlines have announced plans to ramp up testing pre-flight. JetBlue earlier this week announced its partnership with Vault Health to provide at-home testing options to customers. United Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, German airline Lufthansa and Italy’s Alitalia also launched similar limited testing programs last week.

What a f...ing nightmare!!!! I'll probably never see S A again!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg