SOUTH AFRICA: The Pawprint Safaris Report & What A Trip

Bill you and your son are haveing too much fun Congrats to your whole party. Glad I don't have your taxidermy bill LOL! awesome trophies and report thanks for sharing making me wish I was there.

Yes this taxidermy bill is going to hurt bad bob.May take about 3 years before all is done if I through a hunt or two in during that time.I was in hunt mode and worry about the rest later.

I am wondering how Dakota is ever going to be able to concentrate when it is time to go back to school!

Man, will he have some summer vacation stories to tell!

Outstanding job by Pieter and the folks at Paw Print!

Tim

Outstanding! You and your crew had a fantastic trip. I may need to add giraffe to my list for next year, the color of yours is fantastic. Thanks for posting.

Tim he already has the pictures printed to take to school.A few of his teacher hunt and are waiting to see how his hunt went.

Huntermn15 The color is why I ended up taking him as he is a dream bull for sure.For the must part the giraffe on that ranch all had that color and I think there is about 20 or so there.Good luck getting one if you add one to your list next hunt.

Wow! What a hunt for you and Dakota. Great stuff!

Congrats, Bill, you guys had a great hunt and shot some nice trophies !

Thanks for sharing.

Congrats on the great hunt with your son.

Your going to have a hard time topping the surprise your son got on this hunt.

All the best.

Yeah the surprises get harder to pull off each time.The next maybe a little less shocking to him but we will have this one to relive forever.
Have a few ideas if I can find a good deal one day.Maybe a bushpig hunt that turns into a big spotted cat at night for him.That one is a long shot though as that a lot of money for me for one animal.
Maybe I can start a business with surprise hunts for clients.LOL

You guys had a great hunt no doubt. Paw Prints seems to deliver.

Terrific hunt report! I loved the pictures. Nice giraffe and that warthog is huge!

Thanks guys,we did have a great hunt and some of the fun back at camp during the hunt made it even better then all the pic's show.Having our group of 5 made it fun also more people to joke around with but also getting to see even more trophies taken.
If at all possible I will try and get people to go with each trip from now on.

Getting others to go at the same time is one of my goals as well. When my son hunted with me and the wife took pictures we had a great time.

I agree guys, it is more about the experience and sharing that with other people. I could see doing North American tough hunts with just a guide and myself, like a Brown Bear in potentially damp, cold, miserable conditions (which I hope to do within the next few years). Something where it is more of test of oneself that is the real trophy.

But from what I've seen so far in Africa, it is so much better shared. The accommodations and environment, especially of a PG hunt is such that it seems natural to share it. And on a PG hunt with many species on the menu, it is so much more about the experience than a "test", at least to me. I really enjoyed having my wife along.

If I knew for sure when I was going back I would try and get together a group trip here from the AH site.I think it could be alot of fun and way to make some great new friends.Maybe hunt with a few of the outfitters from on the site.Maybe one day I will try and pull that off.

Maybe hunt with a few of the outfitters from on the site.Maybe one day I will try and pull that off.

That sounds like just moving over there for 6 months might be the best alternative! LOL

Do they have time shares available in the East Cape?

Bill;
Now that you are a redneck (from the another thread) maybe you could get your own hunting show and just hunt full time...

Of course you would need to learn to whoop and holler, fist pump, fist bump, fist wave, etc. And to be able to hold a straight face when you say things like, "whow I just smoked that thang!" (as the deer runs off with an arrow in it's guts) and "the shot looked a little far back but it was still a good shot".... then cut to "I may have shot a little far back but it was still a good shot so we're just going to leave it overnight"....... But don't worry, you can always shoot another off one off camera to show if you don't find it. A buncha dem dar shows are pretty good but some a dem just gets to me, ya know. Gitter Done!

Sorry, just had to let out some of my own inner redneck. LOL

LOL thats to funny bob.I am not that good to have my own show or so someone has told be I cant hunt anyway. Some of the shows make me laugh and you hit the stuff right on the mark.All my life I always wondered why some think those guys walk on water.Must of them can kill a foam target ever shot but the live ones seem to cause alot of them problems.I have made some bad shoots myself but some of those shows make you wonder.

The time share idea just may work need one in the limpo,northwest and the east cape.Maybe I can do a time share tent in pieters and loodts back yard bring the redneck to them.lol

Bill, thank you for all the kind words. It was just a pleasure hunting with you and the other guys. Dakota is a wonderfull kid. It is always nice when clients turn into lifetime friends.
Never thought I could like a guy in a pink outfit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!