SOUTH AFRICA: The Pawprint Safaris Report & What A Trip

With how fast you changed in to that pink shirt I would have said you may have meet many guys in pink already.LOL I mean hell you slept in the shirt each night making jen and john nervous about being in the same room.Why do you think we all locked are doors at night

With how fast you changed in to that pink shirt I would have said you may have meet many guys in pink already.LOL I mean hell you slept in the shirt each night making jen and john nervous about being in the same room.Why do you think we all locked are doors at night
Still wearing it proudly after not getting third place in a bowshooting competition! LOL

Haha you are to funny.If I did not let you bet me I thought you might not take me out hunting again.

Just now getting time to read this!

Great job to all.

And Pieter, it really does show how much you care about the people and the hunt, not the $$$. You are to be commended!

I am just getting back online after a few weeks of long work hours. I am one of the other hunters on this trip with Bill. Bill posted some of my pics - bow shots with the impala and Nyala. The Nyala was the icing on the cake for me. Two of us in the camp spent more time bow hunting and took 12 animals (2x Zebra, Blue Wildebeest, Red hartebeest, 3x Warthog, Nyala, 2x impala, Duiker and a Gemsbuck). What a fantastic hunt. I was on the plane going home from Africa and already trying to figure out when I can get back. Great hunting, but also an unforgetable time with Owner/PH Pieter and his Paw Print team. A lot of laughs and stories told around the camp fire at night. To me it was all about the whole experience and it exceeded all my pre trip expectations. I even thoroughly enjoyed the one day when I missed two nice animals with the bow. On one shot my arrow hit a branch a few feet from the blind and the second shot went about 30 feet over a zebra when I accidentally hit my release while moving to get a clear shot through the window. Of course my good friends back in camp had a good time ribbing me for a few days after that. I believe one of the comments 24 hours later by the fire was, "hey what was that noise? I think Lee's arrow just finally landed". I'll admit to thinking that was funnier after I did manage to arrow my Zebra a few days later. Many thanks to Pieter, PH John, vid cam dude Jan and the best trackers/skinners in S Africa - Sammi and Seifus. I will be talking about this trip for a long time and I hope to get back in 2 years. A have a few more animals on my list! Pieter - I want a picture if you manage to stick an animal with one of the arrows I left you. I hear from Bill you are getting a decent group at 40 yards! If anyone is thinking of hunting SA I highly recommend Paw Print. Feel free to email me at millerlh@apci.com and I will be happy to answer any questions. Lee Miller Allentown, PA

And Pieter, it really does show how much you care about the people and the hunt, not the $$$. You are to be commended!

Royal;
You are right but at the end of the day, these tend to be the guys who come out on top.

Years ago we did a lot of business with a one man independent retailer who was always service oriented. We bought pretty specific supplies from him and he serviced certain things for us as well as took time to discuss challenges and help us find solutions to problems. Never pushed product, just offered things to us as solutions.

He sold that business. The guy who took over was constantly pushing all kinds of products. Things we could get better deals on elsewhere and things that the previous guy never handled... This new guy was a salesman only and the service and information was no longer forthcoming.

Finally I asked him why he did not take the time to provide the service his predecessor had... He told me he just did not have time. He needed to be selling in order to earn enough money. So, being who I am, I outright asked him how much he was making... He told me, and then elaborated that he was struggling because he was only doing 1/3rd the business the previous guy was doing..... o_O So I asked him, what is the better sales approach? He never got the point. :confused:

Pieter may not become the richest PH/outfitter in SA but will have one of the best companys there with alot of happy hunters.Some guys put a value on what is more important to them in business and pieter is clients first money second.

Lee glad to see you added to the post.I think pieter said they found that flying arrow of yours.You owe the trophy fee for the bird it hit though.LOL It did make for some fun that night around the campfire hearing that story of yours.You came through in the end though and thats all that matters.

Here it is - the final landing place my "slightly off course" Zebra arrow. Life is a lot more fun when you can laugh at yourself ! I wish I was back in that blind right now
lee iphone 371.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.