SOUTH AFRICA: Summer Hunt With Hunt The Sun

ArmyVet

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
This past summer my family and I hunted with Mike and Rob Birch of Hunt the Sun. We had an awesome time with them and our PH Warren was just fantastic! We hunted in two regions: the first was near Kimberly and the second was in the East Cape called the Royal Karoo. The accommodations and food were just superb and the staff we very accommodating and extremely friendly. For the last part of the trip Warren toured us along the Garden Route, Amikhala Game Reserve, a Lion Ranch, a Rhino Rehab Centre and an Elephant Rehab Centre. The trip concluded with three nights in CapeTown before returning to Canada.

I managed to take a Blue Wildebeest, Black Wildebeest, Gems-bock, Nyala and an Eastern Cape Kudu.
My sons each managed to get a Springbok, while my daughter shot a huge Common Duiker.

I cannot wait to schedule my next trip.

IMG_1130.JPG
IMG_3098.JPG
IMG_3101.JPG
IMG_3108.JPG
IMG_3337.JPG
IMG_3343.JPG
IMG_3352.JPG

Pictures being worth a thousand words....looks like you and the family had a great hunt.

Looks like you had a great time!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

One of these days I hope to shoot straight enough to get a springbuck!

Congrats for a great hunt and nice trophies. That Duiker is huge !

Will be going in a few days to the Kimberly area myself.

That Duiker is very nice. What was the rifle your daughter used?

Congratulations. Glad you had a good hunt with your family.

Looks like the family had a great time! Congrats!

Fantastic family safari.

Congratulations on your successful hunt, I have also hunted at Royal Karoo and found it wonderful, and if I am not mistaken I too hunted with that exact same .222 rifle your daughter is holding.

Thanks for the hunt report, it looks like family had a great time!

Great family hunt. Way to get your kids out in the bush.

Charlie ... all you have to do is get that new crossbow ... and get real close!

Scott I'm going to get a crossbow but it will be for deer hunting stateside! Those African animals will see my big butt coming for a mile

Looks like you and your family had a great safari! Congrats and thank you for sharing

That Duiker is very nice. What was the rifle your daughter used?
It was a .222 provided by our PH. I did not bring any of my own firearms. The 30-06, .300 winmag and .222 they provided were excellent to shoot with. I took the two Wildebeest with the .300; the Gemsbok and Kudu with .30-06 and the Nyala with a combination of my bow and the .300 (that animal put up a great fight). All of the kids animals were taken with the .222. All shots with the .300 and .30-06 were at ranges of 235-250m.

Scott I'm going to get a crossbow but it will be for deer hunting stateside! Those African animals will see my big butt coming for a mile
Charlie you should try hunting from a hide in Africa with your crossbow, it can be a lot of fun if there's plenty of action!

Charlie you should try hunting from a hide in Africa with your crossbow, it can be a lot of fun if there's plenty of action!
Who knows Jeff I may do it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!