SOUTH AFRICA: Spiral Horn Safari With Rick Wolvaardt Of RW Safaris International

I was sitting at home on a Saturday with very little to do and the mind turned to Africa (as it always does). I decided to read my hunt report from October 2017. All the details of the hunt flooded back. The good times , the frustrating times - but the overall safari was such a blast. I highly recommend fellow AH'ers to look back over your old hunt reports or safari photos - it help re-kindle the last safari and motivates you to plan the next safari. I will be contacting Rick Wolvaardt of RW Safaris very soon to look at options for a 2019 safari.

In the meantime I have to be content with hunting the ferals from down under- as per photos below.
P1040345.JPG
P1040468.JPG

Such a great report! I read it back in October but it was great to reread...I really like your Aussie writing style. You fellas got some great animals.

In the meanwhile, your ferals in Oz are pretty cool. I'd love to crank a billy like that!

Thanks Ragman. We are very fortunate down under. We don't have the exotic animals but we have 6 species of deer, water buffalo, banteng, scrub bull, camels, donkeys, wild boar, goats, feral cats, dingoes, foxes and rabbits etc. Because most of these animals are feral it is open season all year. We do have seasons on deer and game birds.

Nice cutters on that pig. What rifle are you using?

Thanks CEO. Using a Tikka CTR in .260 Rem. Great little calibre for our ferals and smaller deer species
FullSizeR.jpg
SC_1501307970605.jpg

wow that is a dandy goat and boar. That would be a fun hunt I think. Do you get to see a lot of the goats and boar on a hunt or are they far and few between chances

Hey @ billc wild boar and goats are in huge numbers over here. The trick is to get access to private property where they are in big numbers. Tusky boars are quite common but they are pretty smart. Big billy goats like these are very rare. Wild goats are rounded up and sent to the meatworks for export (65% go to the USA) so farmers are not keen on letting you hunt goats any more.
Coincidentally I was reading your hunt report on Namibia this morning. What a hunt. That eland and your 2nd oryx were outstanding. Namibia is an exceptional country. I hunted there in 2011. Loved it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrederickD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross