Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA-EC, NWP; Spain
IMG_1822.jpg
An excellent operation as we start our third day hunting with bush buck on the menu for this AM. Wik is a first class PH that is like a bloodhound when he spots the right animal to be taken and just won't give up. He nearly walked my legs off today both in regards to distance and vertical elevation as we pursued fallow deer and monster mountain warthogs through some fairytale thick brush and thorn thickets...am sure we missed a sleeping princess some where in that stuff. Nyala, fallow and impala in the salt with bush buck and a few more on the list left by week's end. This place is a spiral horn mecca with large numbers of trophy quality populations, no doubt about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Both the Nyala and Bushbuck are exceptionally good. Looks like you are having a great hunt so far.

Mort Hill

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member SCI, Director-Music City SCI Chapter, NWTF, NRA
Hunted
SA, Zambia, Tanzania
Beautiful trophies and great sweat equity in obtaining.

IA diver

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA-EC, NWP; Spain
The week just keeps getting better at Game 4 Africa as my wife added a kudu to her fallow. My daughter added a springbok to her impala. After an epic stalk of several hours sneaking down a dry wadi and then up a hill, past watchful warthogs that came within 30 yards and then proceeding to sneak up to a large heard of 40 or more SB, she made a stunning shot. Was amazing to watch this all unfold through the binoculars from a healthy distance. Can't thank Wik enough for making this happen. On the way back to the lodge came across a nice warthog, too.

IMG_1914.jpg
IMG_1885.jpg
IMG_1925.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cls

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Well done, congrats. Love the Eastern Cape, headed back in 2020.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadaexies

Latest profile posts

Clifford Johnson wrote on Mark A Ouellette's profile.
Mark, How did your hunt go with Wayne in Zimbabwe?
Cliff
Spartan2473 wrote on tnshooter's profile.
Hey buddy,
Have a great hunt in West TN. Looking forward to planning this next safari with you.

we’ll talk soon!
Hello thanks for acceptance to the group, I live on baffin island. Anyone ever hunt in the Arctic?
Defosse wrote on Kouprey's profile.
Hello Kouprey,

I'm the little little son of Louis Defosse and i'm living in Saigon VIetnam. I'm trying to find some information about ma family and i saw your post where you wrote the Defosse family. Please i'm really interested to know more and share all your information about my family. I tried to find some in Vietnam but very difficult. Please i will be happy to read you soon.

Regards,

Stéphane Defosse