SOUTH AFRICA: South Afrrica Outfitter "Kwalata Wilderness", A +++ Outfitters / PH

wildlifehunter

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
United Special Sportsman Alliance
Hunted
South Africa
After several years of looking at websites for the right outfitter to host our very first Africa hunt, we wanted curtain animals from our wish list and they had to be in the same location because we didn't want to spend more time on the road getting form one location to another like some outfitters were setup . We came across a website that looked promising. I called the outfitters' professional hunter Jaco Strauss. They custom fitted a hunting package that fitted our needs and a price that we couldn't refuse. A few months later of planning they helped us connected with the right people to help with booking the airlines, rifle permits, our professional hunter picked us up at the airport and walked us though customs with my .35 Whelen rifle. Once we were out of the airport we had an eleven days and twelve nights of the memorable time of our life. The property was 33,000 acres of of wonderment, you saw animals everywhere you turned your head. You never knew what you were going to see or how many of them. Even-thou the property was fenced in, we really didn't see the fence. We knew this wasn't a canned hunt, the animals on this property were 100 % wild and free. The trophy quality of the animals were exceptional, we are talking GOLD Medal quality. I brought A.J. a new camera to capture as many of these memories as possible. We were greeted by the staff and owner of Kwalata when we arrived to the lodge. It was just as beautiful in person as it was in the photos on their website. Each member of the staff left a special memory in our heart, that it was hard to say good bye when our hunt was over. You felt like a member of a close knit family. In a brisk morning, a hot cup of coffee and fresh fruit juices, some fresh fruits and cereal for breakfast was the start of our day, every morning there was something different, a few hours later we would come back to the lodge for a wonderful lunch, and if so inclined a nap for an hour or so and go back out for a few more hours of hunting and come back to the lodge for a warm fire, a cocktail, hunting stories from previous hunts and all you care to eat buffet or a barbeque on the deck. We had ten full days to hunt and we were going to make the most of it. We knew we were going to do a some walking on this trip. Spot and stalks were the main way to find what we were looking for. We had such a great time with out new found friend/ family at Kwalata that once we returned home we started to save for our return trip.

Africa Trip 049.jpg Africa Trip 083.jpg Africa Trip 105.jpg Africa Trip 165.jpg Africa Trip 181.jpg Africa Trip 150.jpg Africa Trip 197.jpg Africa Trip 258.jpg Africa Trip 369.jpg

Sounds like you had a great trip with Jaco. Congratulations, on your trophys! Brian

Thanks for sharing your time and pictures of your hunt... always nice to hear when people have a great time!

Congrats on some great trophies!

sounds like a great time was had...thank you for sharing.

Sounds like a great trip! Congrats to you and hats off to Jaco.

Sounds and looks like you and the little Lady had a great time thanks for the pics they were great. Now you have the Bug there is no cure you must keep returning to Africa for the treatment.

Jim & AJ

Thanks for the kind words, it definitly makes it worth while knowing that you and AJ had a great time it was great talking and visiting with you again and I am truly excited about hosting you on Kwalata for our next hunting adventure.

I hope that I was not too much of a slave driver!!!
Once again thank you.
My very best always.

Thanks for the hunt report, nice pictures!

It seems like you had a good time !

Thanks for the report and congratulations for those nice trophies.

Thanks for the hunt report and very nice trophies. Congrats.

nd

Wildlife

make sure to go to the outfitter section and fill out a report for future use by other hunters doing there ground work.

Great to see you had such an awesome hunt, very nice trophies, looks like the PH put you on some dandies...

Great when a fellow hunter is very happy:)
Thanks for sharing.

After being at Kwalata Wilderness and joining this Africa Hunting . Com I started looking at many other Africa hunting websites I have noticed that Kwalata Wilderness doesn't charge for curtain things like some places do. For examples: Don't charge for airport Pick up or Drop off, Don't charge any day rates for your arrival day or departure day. They don't run a bar tab for your beverages, Alcoholic or otherwise. They don't charge extra per inch over on animals. You are given a set price for a Kudu, Waterbuck, ie.... and that is all you pay for an animal. If your animal is 48 inches or 60 inches that's it, and if you need to use a gun because you have left yous at home. They will let you use one of theirs and in return ask that you help pay for the ammo. There is a lot of services that you get from Kwalata Wilderness that you don't get from other outfitters. They even threw in a Day Trip on the water for us, we jet skied, fished, boated and had a wonderful picnic on the beach. The excitement of being in Africa on a safari and not having to worry but being nickle and dime to death make the trip more enjoyable. I thought this would be an important add on to my previous report about Kwalata Wilderness.

Thanks for sharing. Makes me want to be there more than ever.

What a sweet hunt you had. Lifetime memories for the both of you. I am happy for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinfredFin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!