SOUTH AFRICA: South Africa Safari With Richard Homes...Buffalo, Sable, Kudu & More!!!

Thanks Bruce! We were both very thankful that we were shooting so well this trip. Being able to cleanly take animals from 300-450 was the difference in a good and great safari. It was much much harder to get to 250 yds on these than 350 for the most part. The animals were definitely spooky if they saw you get out of the truck.

I will have to say that you guys were really whacking and stacking animals! Congrats on some generally great shooting and nice animals! Looks like you had a great time. Bruce

Congrats to the both of you! You all definitely made the trip worth your while

Got to hand it to you; shooting from 300-450 yards is impressive. It takes a lot of practice to get proficient at those ranges.

I appreciate that. I did practice a lot but it was the first time I've taken shots like that at animals other than my 1 Barbary I took at 400 in March. I'm glad my kudu had to happen so fast I didn't have a chance to think about it. 415 yds at the angle I was shooting meant it was equivalent to about a 550ish yard shot. I'm glad I didn't have time to do the math, just had to let my practice take over and get it done!

Got to hand it to you; shooting from 300-450 yards is impressive. It takes a lot of practice to get proficient at those ranges.

Great hunt, and some really good shooting! Thanks for sharing.

Wow! Non stop action it seems. Congratulations!!!

Congratulations, great safari.

Congratulations for an awesome first safari. I also hunted with Richard Holmes last year on my first safari. I think they have the perfect operation for first timers. Do you know the name of the farm where you hunted your Kudu?

I agree that it's a great place for first timers! I also think it'd be a great place to take kids or wives that don't have a lot of experience. Just a fun, low stress environment with a ton of animals!

I can find out the name of the farm I hunted Kudu on but I can tell you it was back towards Cradock about 1.5 hrs. It was one big, long mountain with pretty large flats. We hunted the flats and foothills first and then drove halfway up the mountain and then along a road that was probably 2/3 up the mountain glassing down into the canyons. That's how we spotted mine was from that road high on the mountain side. My buddy Travis hunted his Kudu at Peter Fleck's old farm. It had a Dutch name.

Congratulations for an awesome first safari. I also hunted with Richard Holmes last year on my first safari. I think they have the perfect operation for first timers. Do you know the name of the farm where you hunted your Kudu?

Congratulations! What an awesome hunt. Not sure what's left for your next trip to hunt:LOL::LOL:!
Thanks for sharing a terrific story and pictures!

2/3 of those animals are my buddy's. When I go back, if it's not for buffalo, Lechwe, waterbuck, greater kudu, bushbuck, eland will all be possibilities

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg