SOUTH AFRICA: South Africa Cruiser Safaris

archer36

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I was on a 7 day Safari with Cruiser's the end of April. Everything was planned perfectly and I was fully prepared by Cruiser's. I was met by a representative from Cruiser's from the time I landed to the time I departed the airport. Everything was top notch from accommodations to equipment. The service was second to none. I took my five animals in 4 1/2 days and my Son (he was an observer) managed a fine Female Warthog as they were hard to shoot in the tall grass. In all a 26" Impala, old scar faced Wildebeest with pitted horns, 36" Gemsbok, 52" Kudu, and 16" Blesbok. I used a Savage M11 Trophy Hunter in .308 with Federal 180 gr. Nosler Partitions. All of the kills were one shot. The Blesbok and Warthog fell where they stood (not spine shot). All the other animals ran no further than about 60 yds. No tracking needed. In addition, none of the animals were shot "in the shoulders" as is preached. The Warthog, Impala, and Blesbok were slightly quartering so entrance/exits were in front of the shoulder and behind the ribs. The others were shot slightly behind the shoulders about halfway up the body indicating double lung hits. All shots were pass through except for the Wildebeest which was found on off side under hide. The entire back portion (partitioned part) was intact.
copy 2.jpg
copy 6 - Copy.jpg
copy 5.jpg
copy 1.jpg
copy 7.jpg
copy 4.jpg

Thank you for posting your hunt report and trophy pictures!

Nice animals, thanks for the hunt report.

Congratulations on your hunt. Thanks for sharing the report and photos.

All the best.

Congratulations Really nice trophies. Glad you had a great hunt and thanks for the pics and the hunting report and congrats to your son as well.

Good write up and awesome trophies, thanks for posting.

Congrats on some straight shooting.

Thanks for the report. You had a very successful hunt in the green cover.

Congrats on some straight shooting.

Thanks for the report. You had a very successful hunt in the green cover.
All of my shots were no further than 125 yds. My PH was excellent and we had good stalking cover. I give most of the credit to him.

Congrats on your hunt and very nice trophies !

Thanks for sharing.

Congrats with your hunt and trophies. Cruisers Impala property always give up some 25"ers. Guess it must be you can not shoot from the truck.

TTT for the guys that have not been around.

Very nice trophies. Do you have a close up photo of the Wildebeest? I would like to get a look at the pitted horns. Was the Wildebeest solitary?

My Son has the USB with pics on it. I have a close up of him on there. Yes, he was all by himself.

My Son has the USB with pics on it. I have a close up of him on there. Yes, he was all by himself.

In that case, a one-shot kill is impressive. I also took a solitary Wildebeest but it took 6 shots - two with a 30-06 and four with a 9mm. I shot it in the lungs with a 30-06 and it ran for about 200 yards. When the PH came upon it, the Wildebeest charged him and he put four shots with a 9mm into the lungs. It ran for another 30 yards and then bedded down. I hit it once more with the 30-06 in the heart, and then it still took two or three minutes to expire.

Yes, I was amazed also. I hit him through both lungs, no heart. He ran about 40 yds., went down, got up and went about another 15 yds. and went down for good. Both times I was going to shoot him again but held off because he was in the open and was visible the whole time. I am not exaggerating. I believe I have it all on a GoPro video. I'll see if I can post it.

You had some great shooting on your safari. I would love to see the video.

Nice trophies, great shooting!

Nice Story (y)

The photos are great :D

congratulations on a successful hunt to you and your son
nice trophies

Nice animals. Cruiser was on my short list. Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubcasa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross