SOUTH AFRICA: Shootist43's Participation In The 2018 Group Hunt With Pawprint Safaris

Shootist43

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
This post is just to get the thread started. A little over a year ago the possibility of an AH group hunt was proposed. The thought behind it is that since we all share a common "love" of hunting in Africa that we could form a group of AH members that were willing to hunt with guys and gals that perhaps we'd only met virtually. We started off with about a dozen interested AH members from across the globe. Schedules and obligations whittled the number down to 8 for quite a while then at the last minute 2 more had to drop out, one because of a major change in jobs and the other for a family medical emergency. But today is the day most of us are taking off. My plane leaves Detroit in a little over six hours so I need to get moving. Wish us luck & we'll be sure to keep you posted. No doubt there will be some overlaps in the "story" that gets told. This hunt has all the earmarks of a fun filled AH get-together .

nyala pic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to all and safe travels!! Looking forward to all the reports!

Good luck and have fun! Looking forward to the updates.

Happy hunting! I hope this is the first of a few more group AH hunts to come.

I am with you in spirit and wouldn't mind being there myself, even though I only arrived home one week ago and my memories are vivid on my animals and the hard hunting I had to put in for that pig! Good luck and be sure to write us a good report

Currently sitting in Atlanta airport and it's busy busy this morning (11am). Headed to Angola for business and then following in behind the AH hunt group going to @pawprintsafaris. I hope you guys have a great hunt, but please please leave me something to shoot!

I’m excited to read and see how your hunts go! Best of luck to all going!

This ought to be a great hunt. I can't wait to read all the reports!

Good luck to all !

Sounds like a blast. Have a great trip.

Have a great hunt we all wish we could be there with the group. Look forward to the reports. Good luck!!!

Great idea and great that you could get a group together. Have a wonderful time and shoot straight.
Bruce

Good luck to all! great idea and will no doubt be lots of fun and good memories.
waiting for updates:D Pop Popcorn:

What an excellent idea so look forward to not only the hunt report and pics, but also the success of the venture with like minded hunters all meeting for the first time.

Best of luck looking forward to hearing about it!

It looks like some fine trophies are being taken...Eland, kudu, impala, blesbuck, etc on Facebook! Can’t wait for the reports!

great pictures on instagram so far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross