SOUTH AFRICA: Second Hunt With KMG Hunting Safaris

Looks like a damn good one!

OK. I'm ready.

Alright, at the risk of self endangerment I will give you the story behind that BW. My better half is a hunter and has taken only a zebra when we were hunting this BW. Marius and I both explained to her that these were tough animals and usually a little more hunting experience is required. She wasn't having any of that and off we dutifully went. In between this and coming across this magnificent bull let's just say there were a lot of failed stocks. Now Marius having the patience of a saint finally gets her in position and she feels comfortable with the shot. Bang and off he goes. Looks like a low shot and maybe front leg damage but hard to tell, we get on the blood trail and come up empty handed although we did a glimpse of him. We put the dogs in and as darkness closes in we unfortunately call it a day. Next day sees us out scouring everywhere for that bull and we come up empty handed. We must leave as we are booked in at Vic Falls for a couple of days and let me tell you I have one grumpy wife on my hands. The second night at the falls our phone goes off and it,s Marius saying they got the bull. Louw was out with a client and saw the bull and it looks ok, a closer look and he can see lots of damage to the front leg. He grabs his clients rifle , who protests and says I don,t want a BW. Louw replies it isn,t for you and sends it to the ground. Upon closer inspection they see that my better half had indeed shot straight, but the BW had lowered his head likely to scratch and the bullet had hit horn and it had passed through and on into the leg. Wife,s disposition changes instantly and our stay in Vic Falls is an instant sucess. That mount gets talked about quite a bit in the trophy room:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShoshanaHe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross