SOUTH AFRICA: Second Hunt With KMG Hunting Safaris

It was actually Turd that came to the party. Flex being the older dog, I tried to keep him back a bit without making too much noise. His hearing and agility is not as good as Rigby's, so sent the youngster in. Bayed the ram, got charged, got out of the way and gave us the chance to finish the job. He did a tremendous job.
Great to see Turd is finally earning his keep. He must have turned the corner when he help bay my waterbuck last year.

Great to see Turd is finally earning his keep. He must have turned the corner when he help bay my waterbuck last year.

Problem is, and Kim and I have discussed this, we think that he thinks he is too pretty for this job.

Problem is, and Kim and I have discussed this, we think that he thinks he is too pretty for this job.

Now Marius just because there was some"Liberace"concerns I believe he is a good boy just a small case of primadona perhaps

Great trophies from a memorable hunt. Can I ask what firearm was used?

We visit Marius and his crew in a little over 12 months from now, can't wait.

Cheers,
Mark.

It was actually Turd that came to the party. Flex being the older dog, I tried to keep him back a bit without making too much noise. His hearing and agility is not as good as Rigby's, so sent the youngster in. Bayed the ram, got charged, got out of the way and gave us the chance to finish the job. He did a tremendous job.

Set down to read a hunting report and the next thing you know, Marius is talking about turds.:D

Glad you guys had a great hunt. Thanks for sharing the report.

Now Marius just because there was some"Liberace"concerns I believe he is a good boy just a small case of primadona perhaps
Hmm, I seem to remember a very shiny, sparkly collar now that you mention it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
image.jpg

Last edited:
Great trophies from a memorable hunt. Can I ask what firearm was used?

We visit Marius and his crew in a little over 12 months from now, can't wait.

Cheers,
Mark.
Hi Mark
used Marius's 308 on grysbuck and 300wm on everything else
Richard

Caught out the other night....

2ce7affba71292da8bc6f9865a19393e.jpg

None from me.

So......you dress the dog in a tutu, call him "Turd", and he is still willing to chase animals into the bush for you?

He must have a very forgiving nature!

so the last day of hunting before I return home and we resume the hunt for a black springbok we set out again to check out the areas they are known to frequent. we park up leaving Lloyd and the dogs behind and with the wind in our faces set off at a very slow pace, checking each grassy clearing before moving out of cover this was the same area where the black wildebeest hang out and it did not take long before we ran into them, but unlike the other day they were in no hurry to move off . we were concerned that if they took off they may spook the springbok if they were near by so a waiting game began. we thought that given enough time they would move on but the old cow in the group just seemed to be to interested in us to move , much to the disgust of Marius and the rest of the wildebeest heard. Every time we thought they we going to move off they would circle the bush in front of us and stand and stare. After what felt like an age Marius decides we should just get up and walk and hopefully they would move off down hill away from us. We stood up and started to walk the heard just stood and watched we passed within 60 meters while they stood and watched waited for us to pass then took off and headed from where we had come from. It felt like they knew they had already played there part and they were safe this time. we continue our stalk after the springbok we were just beginning to think that we were not going to find them again when Marius stops and signals go get down, he pops up his binos and peers around the bush infront of us then joins me on the floor . The springbok were 40feet away between us and them was a mound of earth and a couple of scrubby trees. Marius takes a second look a confirms there is a good ram in the group and they are feeding towards us and should pass to our left from behind the scrubby mound of earth, I set up on a short sticks while kneeling on the ground with a small thorn bush to hide behind. Marius whispers they should come into view any moment. We wait nothing we wait a bit more then out slowly walks a black ram Marius whispers " yes shoot" and I fire the ram drops and the remaining springbok take off .
P1020213.JPG

upload_2017-4-23_20-42-19.png

A nice black springbok ram even if I say so myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
We return to the lodge for lunch while Lloyd takes care of the springbok. That afternoon we go and pick up the hide we set for baboons return the chairs to the bushpig hide and check the bait
we return to the lodge to collect the caller and go and sit out for a jackal we drive to the far end of the property and walk in quietly to a spot when Marius has been after a couple of the pests Marius sets up the caller and we sit beside a dirt track with a view down to a corner and we wait, Marius runs through the various calls and we get a response from not very far away , after a couple of minutes exchanging calls it all went quiet, we sat a while longer until we could no longer see and called it a night.

And you known what they say about dogs. They tend to take after there owners

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg