SOUTH AFRICA: Scam Alert - Bayete Group!!!

Travis Dove

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
New member here, just found this thread searching for info on Kuche Safaris. Why I was searching? I'm looking at a rifle for sale that comes with a cert for a "free" hunt with Kuche. 5 days 3 animals. How can I tell if it's connected with this scam?

Kuche is not part of the scam, unfortunately they were scammed too by the Bayete Group. As long as you stear clear of St. John and the Bayete group you should be fine... but if you see anything connected with St. John... walk away. Kuche cut the ties with Bayete Group once they were ripped off, and found out that St. John is a liar and a fraud.

BWH

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Ducks Unlimited, Texas Trophy Hunters, Trout Unlimited, SCI, DSC & NRA
Hunted
USA & RSA
From all that I know.... Kuche is a stand up outfit. They operate with several US vendors as their booking agent. I have heard nothing negative or they would be rejected in a New York minute!

Tanks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media

crs

AH elite
Reaction score
Website
sheltontechnologies.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
CRS, NRA Patron Member, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Hunted
RSA
"That is why I deal direct with the outfitter and not an agent. " Plus 1.

Bule Jagter

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
GOA, NRA
Hunted
ZA, Indiana, (Indonesia, because spearfishing is hunting, also)
I also hunted through Bayete Group from an silent auction at a FNRA Banquet. My group must have been among the last to not be ripped off. We hunted in June of 2019. All of our trophies are with our taxidermist, Highveld Taxidermy. After reading on this forum, I contacted Highveld Taxidermy to confirm they have all our trophies, and there will be no problem. I was assured they have them all. In fact, the trophies for two of my friends are ready to be shipped home. The problem we are facing now is related to this "Nonsensical, Covid-19, sky-is-falling" shipping delay. My trophies are still not ready because the taxidermist had to wait on the tannery to complete my ostrich, impala, and buffalo hides, so they can then make my custom bags.

After purchasing the safari from the FNRA, I tried to research Bayete Group. I didn't find much information, but the small amount I found was positive. We had a great hunt. the staff were all friendly, and we all liked our PH's a lot. We did, however, notice some apparent confusion or concern from the camp manager. I don't feel like going into a long explanation, mainly because it was a little over a year ago, and I don't remember details.

After reading about the problems other hunters had with Bayete Group, I consider myself to be lucky. I will NEVER trust an outfitter simply because the FNRA appears to approve of it. I should have known better. I have always been skeptical of other large prizes of a similar nature. From now on, I will never purchase anything from these banquets unless it is a physical item I can take home when the evening is over.

I spent hundreds of hours editing a video of our hunt. I even went to the trouble of including Bayete Group's logo and giving them credit in my video. I want to share it with everyone here, but now I feel I need to re-edit the videos. I want to take their logo out. Otherwise, someone might get the idea I am endorsing them.

sagiguere

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the input. My question has been answered. Hope my post wasn't seen in anyway to disparage kuche. My concern was that the rifle seller may have bought the certificates from Bayete. Communication from the seller and Kuche themselves determined this was not the case

Seavas

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I have hunted with Kuche and had a great time. You can usually find Koos and his son at DSC if you want to speak in person and feel them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TammieLigh

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.