Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, MDF, RMEF, DU, CWA
Hunted
South Africa
My wife Janet, great friends Wendell and Tammy Anderson and I returned from a Safari @Limcroma Safaris earlier this month with nothing but high praise for Hannes's entire operation. From the top down they are first class, any praise that can be given has already been heaped onto this group in spades by so many, and we would especially like to thank Dan Leahy, their US rep, he is truly johnny on the spot when you have a question or concern, as well every staff member at Sable Valley camp had the same attitude!

A great example is less than 2 weeks before our trip, which was to conclude with a few days at Victoria Falls, we found out that the airline we were booked on for the RT from Joburg to Vic Falls went belly up with little chance for any refund, but Hannes and his staff found alternate flights in the nick of time, and we were able to spend 3 incredible days at one of the most stunningly beautiful places on this planet.....if you have not been there it is worth every effort, IMO.

Another highlight was meeting a wonderful couple in camp from Springfield, IL- Gary, aka "Ike" and Jolene Eichelberger and hope to spend some time with them in the near future.

Yes, the hunting was fantastic, my PH, Mr. Franco, was even better, chalk up another new friend for life!

I will post a few pix when I finally show up at my office next Monday, the WIFI at our rural ranch is worse than the good old dial up days :)

Thanks again Limcroma!

1 Big Gemsbok.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on a great experience !

… cool, I’ve never seen a double broken Kudu bull! What a Warrior + gotta respect the recurve & feather fletching gear.

IMG_2660.jpg
IMG_2958.jpg
IMG_4140.jpg

What a sunset, only in Africa!
Wendell, Tammy, Ike, Joleen, myself and Janet

PSAX, Bocote limbs, 58", 52lbs@28", 610grn Gold tip 400 trad hunters tipped with Zwickey No Mercy double bevels, and I share your biased opinion:)

Congratulations and I can't agree enough that Limcroma delivers an excellent experience.

Awesome! Congratulations on your safari! I'm really impressed of the animals you took with your traditional bow!

We also hunted at Limcroma with Hannes and then spent a few days touring Cape Town and Kruger. They did an amazing job for us as well. All the little things they did especially for the kids made the trip extra special. It was the best family vacation we have ever had!

Those photos of Victoria Falls look amazing! That's on our list next time back. Thanks for sharing your trip.

Hi Ladykiller, did you take your Cape Town trip before or after your safari? We are heading back next year and want to spend a few days there and are trying to decide on heading there first then camp or afterwards.... any input would be appreciated

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Awesome sunrise/sunset photo
Beautiful trophies!!! Congrats !!!

Thank you for the wonderful report Mr. Gary!

It was a pleasure having you all in camp. We are already looking forward to next year's visit!

Hannes

Hi Ladykiller, did you take your Cape Town trip before or after your safari? We are heading back next year and want to spend a few days there and are trying to decide on heading there first then camp or afterwards.... any input would be appreciated

We flew down to Cape Town after the safari with Limcroma. We spent 3 nights and 4 days which isn't really enough if you have an aggressive itinerary. I would do at least 4 nights next time. We stayed in a really nice B&B in the beach town of Bloubergstrand right down the coast from Cape Town. From there we did the wine country tour, a visit to Stellenbosch, a visit to the Cape Pointe Peninsula Park, a coastal tour down to one of the penguin colonies, and then a shark cage dive with the great whites in Gansabaai. Of course we also did the cable car ride up to the top of Table Mountain and a tour of the waterfront. There is a lot more to do and see that we didn't have time for.

Limcroma made all the arrangements with a private tour operator who met us at the airport in Cape Town and personally conducted the tour for us for the entire stay. They did an excellent job! Everything went smoothly and exceeded our expectations. I really don't think it makes a difference if you did Cape Town before or after your hunting safari. They had 2 or 3 flights per day coming and going.

Thanks, Ladykiller, sounds like something Janet and will be trying to fit in as wine is definitely in her vocabulary!

Hannes, you are more than welcome, and as we told Dan we only spoke the truth, you have quite an operation, we are looking forward to next year as well!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!