Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
P&y, nwtf
As I sit here at OR Tambo awaiting my flight home, which is four hours from now, I can’t help but think what a better place to write the review of the epic safari I just experienced. This trip truly began about ten years ago when I first began to have thoughts about hunting in Africa. I research things to death and contacted a lot of outfitters, but I could not pull the trigger. There was too much unknown and apprehension that as I sit here now thinking about it was unfounded. Two years ago I contacted Limcroma safaris because I again got the itch to hunt Africa. I talked to Hannes Els on multiple occasions and sent a lot of emails. I probably sent so many then Hannes began expecting them. Despite being very busy, Hannes always took the time to answer my questions, arrange and rearrange the safari, and was just a great person to deal with. After I sent in my deposit I was beyond excited and got in contact with Dan Leahy who is also a tremendous resource and a very valuable asset for Limcroma. He answered all my questions and gave me advice whenever needed. I really could not have planned and been prepared for this hunt without the help of Dan.

The two years since sending in my deposit seemed to go by very slow. There was never a day that I awoke and did not think about Africa. I read all the African safari books that I could and spent countless hours going over gear and shooting my rifle and bow in preparation. I will just say now that I packed very lightly for what I thought I needed and I still packed way to much stuff for this safari. I thought everything was set and just was waiting for the time to pass by. However, as things often occur that are unforeseen two days prior to departure I was shooting my bow and hurt my back. This was not just some strain that you could shoot through but rather one of those injuries that puts you on your knees and takes your breath away. I worked through it but the back injury plagued my whole safari. The thing is that no matter what happened I was going to Africa and I was going to hunt.

I arrived in Johannesburg and can say that even though the flight from Atlanta was long, it really was not that bad. I was then greeted at the airport by Mr. X with the Afton house and cleared the gun effortlessly. We then went to the Afton house, which has a great steak dinner, and the rooms were really nice. I cannot recommend the Afton house enough. After a good nights rest I met my PH Ivan and we were off to the concessions. I can just say that if you hunt with Limcroma and get to hunt with Ivan you will be in for a great hunt. I am sure all the PH’s Hannes employs are great but Ivan went far above and beyond everything that I expected of a PH. I explained my back injury to him and he made sure that every step of the way I was fine and able to hunt. He put me on great animals, but more importantly his work ethic is the best that I have ever seen. I will say now that I did wound two animals and Ivan really put in the effort and because of this we were able to find the animals and recover them. He is exactly what I pictured a PH being and yet far exceeded what I was expecting. I just cannot wait for the next time I am able to make it back to Limcroma and hunt with Ivan.

Day 1 – Day 2

We arrived at camp a little after one and I got my bow and gun sighted in. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to shoot my bow as my back was still hurting, maybe it was the rush of being in camp, but everything seemed to go well. I was set and ready to go. We headed to the hide and as we were pulling in a great waterbuck was already in the area. This was not on my list and I was a little disappointed. We got in the hide and Ivan began telling me how good the waterbuck was and that I really should consider taking it if I got the chance. We went back and forth for a while and low and behold the waterbuck reappeared. I began to think that maybe I should take it and the fact that I could see Ivan was excited about this animal made me excited. We decided to take the animal and I was shaking so bad that I was finally going to harvest my first African animal. I pulled back the bow and got on my landmark and squeezed the trigger. Thwack, The sound that you never want to hear when bow hunting. I had pulled the shot and hit the animal forward in the shoulder. He took off and we instantly called the tracker. Steven came and got on the track. This would be a track that steven worked for the next two days until the animal finally went to water and it was decided to let the animal rest and trail cameras would be put out to see when the waterbuck reappeared. It so happened that this would not occur for 6 days when he showed up to a waterhole that another hunter was sitting in. The animal was visibly hurt and lost a lot of weight. They asked what they should do and I said shoot it, which I thought, was the only ethical thing to do. They put a good shot on the animal and we went to recover it. When we got there and hour after the shot the waterbuck got up and took off again covering almost 1.5 miles before Steven was able to catch up to it and Jonathan, another ph, was able to put a rifle round into it. This was one of the hardest animals for me that I have ever shot. I hate wounding animals and I know that this happens, but the folks at Limcroma went far above and beyond and because of them we were able to get the waterbuck.

Day 3

Day 3 began with us tracking for the waterbuck that I just wrote about. About 11 Ivan decided to let Steven stay on the track until he found something and we would hunt a near by blind. We got set up and I was just looking forward to getting going on some successful hunts, but the waterbuck haunted me on every shot this trip and plagued my thoughts until we finally recovered him. We were not even set up for an hour when three Nyala came in. There was one that might have been an inch longer but his horn configuration was not as good as the second bull coming in. I grabbed my bow as silently as possible and Ivan talked me through the shot placement. Once we were in agreement I pulled back the bow and placed the pin on the agreed to upon spot and let an arrow fly. It was a perfect hit and we saw the nyala take off and crash no further then 75 yards from the blind. I felt great to have confidence back in my shooting and to take such a great animal. We recovered the animal and sat for the rest of the afternoon at another blind, but nothing else came in.

Day 4

Steven on day three had tracked the waterbuck to a waterhole and felt that he would return so on day 4 we set up at the waterhole all day that the waterbuck had went to drink. We never did see the waterbuck, but a few cape buffalo came in to drink. I can honestly say that until you see one of the behemoths in person you cannot tell how tough they really look. As Rourke said in his writings “a cape buffalo looks at you like you owe him money” and I now truly understand this concept. The cape Buffalo hung around most of the day milling about back in the woods then coming in for a drink. I then noticed that one of the buffalo kept looking to his left and told Ivan. We could not see anything but The buffalo kept snapping his head that way. About 40 minutes later a small group of gemsbok came in. One of them was a really old baren female with great length. Ivan said that we should take her and I put another great shot on the gemsbok. She took off and we had a mark on were she entered the bush. We called Steven and he got on the track instantly. All the gemsbok took off together and we walked 100 yards from the blind when Steven stopped and did not like the track. I have no idea what he saw but he wanted to go back to the last spot that he marked and start again. He walked 25 yards from us and whistled. The Gemsbok was down in a bush and had veered off after only going 75 yards from the blind.

Day 5

What a day this was going to be. We set up at a waterhole and as soon as we got in the impala were all around us. For those of you that have hunted the impala rut you know what I am talking about, but hearing that guttural grunts and snorts and the chasing that goes on it is a sight to be hold. The problem is that they never came in. We heard them all morning running here and they’re always around us. We had a huge ram run ten paces away from us and into the fracas that was going on behind us. This was exciting to see these impala act this way but it was nothing compared to what we experienced later. But back to the hunt. We did not think it was going to happen this morning. Things calmed down and there was no much more movement. I decided that if I was going to be sitting there I was going to read my book. I read one page when Ivan looked up and said there is an old impala drinking. We need to shoot him. When impala drink they don’t drink long and then they are gone. We have no idea how long he had been there and we hurried up. Ivan said put it at the corner of the white and I put it right there. Complete pass thru the Impala jumped high in the air and kicked his back legs. When he got back on the ground he ran as fast as I’ve ever seen an animal run straight into a tree. He ran up into the tree and toppled over. DRT. The arrow went twenty yards further then the impala did. We were then stuck in the blind contemplating what to do until we recovered the impala. I have always wanted a zebra and we decided to do a rifle hunt. We got out of the blind and into the bakki. We drove around for awhile and saw a lot of sign but no zebra. We then turned the corner and there they were. Two magnificent stallions and two mares. The wind was terrible though. We jumped out of the bakki and Ivan grabbed the sticks. The stalk was on. We approached to within 75 yards of them and did not have a shot. They busted us and were off. We jumped back in the bakki and went another few thousand yards when we thought the hunt was over. The decision was made to head back to camp. We were driving back and I look over to my right and yell zebra. Ivan slams on the brakes and the hunt was on. We jumped out and went after them. After a quick 100 yard stalk Ivan dropped to his knees. I instantly grabbed my gun off the shoulder and put it on his. Shoot the 2nd one to the left. I got on the big zebra and pow. The shot was off. I thought I missed but Steven said we had a hit. We ran up to where the zebra was and got on sign and the stalk was on. We walked for 150 yards and Steven waved his hand. Ivan looked and the zebra was down. It was a magnificent mare that was very long and had a unique spot in the v where we are supposed to shoot. After a few pictures we headed back to camp and had a hot lunch. The first hot lunch of the safari. I missed the bush lunch.

Day 6

This was the day that I realized Ivan hunted hard. I am happy because I paid money to hunt and not sit in camp. We actually were only in camp for lunch 3 days which was fine by me. You cant shoot things if your sitting on the couch. I actually began to get fond of the meals we had in the blind. By the end of the trip it actually began to become a joke that we actually were at camp. I would not have it any other way. We began day 5 on a hunt that has now ruined all other hunting for me. I got to experience the bushbuck. This crafty little creature is the most exciting, fun filled, adrenaline filled hunt that I went on. I am sure a cape buffalo hunt will have more adrenalin, and I will find that out someday, but the bushbuck is something that I will hunt on every safari I go on from here on out. This fantastic animal lives in the thick brush along the rivers where we were hunting. We began stalking and found bushbuck bathing in the son, a sight to behold. However, there were no bucks to be seen. We stalked another two miles looking over the bush and not finding any males, but saw plenty of females. We came around a corner and up over a little hill and I was looking at a pile of brush. I stared there for a good minute or two and we began walking again and then out of nowhere a bushbuck jumped out of that very cover that I was staring at. My favorite hunting used to be coues deer hunting, and I believe I have a pretty good eye, but when that animal busted out of the brush that I looked over for all that time I was frustrated. He bound to 35 yards, but there was too much brush in front of me for a shot since I could not see through the scope. By the time I got the shooting sticks where I needed them he turned and was out of there. That is the thing I learned about bushbuck hunting. They are the most frustrating animals I ever hunted and that just drive you even more. We began to walk out when we called Steven and Steven said that he had a bushbuck male in the open and we need to hurry. We walked very briskly back the mile and half of river and Steven said that it had moved into a small depression between us and the other side. We kept moving down the riverbank and finally got set up when Ivan said he is in the shadow, shoot him. I tried. I tried my hardest to find that animal in the scope. I looked all over the shadow that Ivan was looking in and never could find him. Ivan said he is right in the shadow. I looked and I looked. Ivan said he is about to bust. I then found him standing right there. Clear as day. I flipped the safety and he was gone. Maybe my eye is not as good as I thought.

After the bushbuck hunt we went and set in a blind. There was not much movement. We actually had a really good feeling about the night but they did not pan out. This was actually the toughest hunt that we had in my opinion. After the excitement of a bushbuck hunt, sitting in a blind and not seeing anything just can’t compare. If I wanted to just kill animals I would have booked on a game farm. Limcroma is anything but. They have self-sustaining herds of some of the wariest animals I have ever seen. I never once felt like this was a game farm as I have seen some proclaim about hunting South Africa. These are wild animals, and tough animals that will test your wits and drive you nuts at times. For me the animal that drove me nuts was the warthog, but that is for a later day. And if you want proof just ask Donny about the giraffe that almost got him. Great story, but that’s a side not. It’s a Proper story though.

to be continued...

IMG_4502.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats fire652. Glad it was a great trip, your back wasn't too much of an issue and you had fun.

Love reading about bowhunts. Nice hunt

Great write-up so far. Keep the stories coming!(y)

I love bushbuck hunting too, it's so addictive!

Awesome recap so far! Looking forward to the rest of the story. Congrats on your success!

Day 7

The day began with another bushbuck hunt. We decided to walk the same stretch of river that we walked the day before. The good thing about bushbucks is that they are very territorial and we felt that we would have a great opportunity at one of the bushbucks we saw the day before. We saw a few female bushbucks, but did not see the bushbucks from the day before. We then decided to sit in a blind for the rest of the day. The blind was set up perfectly over a waterhole and we saw cape buffalo again today. We also had the first impala come into the waterhole, but he was a young immature impala that had great genetics. In a few years he will make a great trophy. We sat the rest of the day and nothing else came in.

Day 8

We decided today to skip bushbuck hunting and go sit in a blind for the entire day. We chose to sit in a newly constructed blind that had a great waterhole. The blind was not finished, but we had reports that kudu had been coming into the water. We sat the entire day and saw many great animals come in, but none that I was hunting. The highlight of the day was seeing a mother and baby giraffe come in. This was exciting and they hung around for awhile. It wasn’t until late afternoon that our fortune would change. We were beginning to worry about having multiple days without a harvest since I had a large list of animals to hunt. We were sitting there and out of nowhere a large old blue wildebeest showed up. He mulled around for awhile at 24 yards not giving me a shot. Each time he quartered away I would draw and he would instantly turn. We played this game for what seemed like an enternity when he turned to walk away. Luckily he stopped at 25 yards quartered away and gave me the perfect shot. I drew back and let the arrow fly. A perfect shot. The blue wildebeest kicked and took off. I thought he would only go at most a hundred yards. He went a lot further then that. Even with a perfect shot I was surprised with how far he went. When the skinners were caring for the animal they found a bullet in the chest cavity that was scarred over. This just confirmed how tough these animals are. The good thing was we were back on track.

Day 9

Today we were back to bushbuck hunting. The sun had just rose and sun spots were abundant. We began by walking the river in a different location. We came around to the start of the river and saw 5 females busting around in a small open area. We were about twenty feet above and since there were so many females a male had to be around. We walked slowly and came around a large bush and Ivan stopped. I looked over and saw a bushbuck standing broadside at 80 yards. He was in thick cover but I had an open shot at his vitals. He had the coloring of a male, but we could not make out his horns. I looked through the scope and could see that he had a nice set, but we still could not make out whether or not he was mature. The bushbuck then turned his head and Ivan said he was a shooter. I got back on the vitals and he was off. I thought he would go over the edge and we would not get a shot, but he did a semi circle to our side. At 100 yards he stopped broadside. I flipped the safety and shot. MISS. He then busted and ran another semicircle. This time he was 180 degrees from where we first shot him. I settled on his chest and squeezed the trigger. It was a hard hit, but a little back. He ran 80 yards and bedded down. Ivan and I discussed this for a minute and he said this is a dangerous situation. He asked how I felt and I said I thought I hit him hard. He agreed. We decided to give him a minute since we saw where he went down. I got on the sticks again and did not see movement. Ivan then decided we need to go get him. We were on high alert as we moved in. As we approached where he went down we saw great blood. Just ahead lay my bushbuck. This was my favorite hunt and can not believe that it came together. After a quick photo session we got him on the salt since they are prone to hair slip. We then decided to sit in a blind for the rest of the hunt. We got set up and a very large lone female warthog came in. Ivan said we should take her if she comes into water. This warthog was smart. She circled the wind and caught us and she was off. We then were sitting there and could hear the click of an eland coming in to drink. Ivan looked out the right side of the blind and a large eland bull was 60 yards away standing there. We were waiting for him to come in but he mulled off to the side and we did not see him again. Ivan said they would be in at some point today and we will get a shot. Soon after this encounter we got the text about the waterbuck that I wrote about before. We decided that we owed it to the waterbuck to go sort out that situation. We did and this day turned out to be a great success.

Day 10

The night before Ivan said we should gun hunt for an eland. He said he had an area and we should go. I wanted to take one with a bow and told him I wanted to bow hunt one. He agreed. This morning we had an hour drive to the concession. On the way he was talking about a very large blue bull that had been hunted, but no one could get him. He said he is a once in a lifetime trophy. The owner of the concession actually wanted to hunt the bull, but if a hunter took him then that would be fine. I decided to change this up to a gun hunt. We drove into the concession and instantly saw a very large old blesbok, but decided not to pursue him in case the eland were around. We actually had multiple shots at this blesbok as we drove in and then he busted. I hoped we did not make a mistake by not taking what Africa offers. We drove on and saw a bunch of eland run into a thick area up ahead. We had a bad wind for an approach so we drove to the opposite side of the thick and disembarked. We were there for only a short time when we saw another group of eland. I was set up and on a huge bull when Ivan said not that one. Wait for the one behind the tree to step out. I waited and the wind shifted. The eland in the front busted off and the one behind the tree took a step. I knew he was about to run so I squeezed the trigger. I did not hear the hit and Ivan said he heard it but could not tell where. I thought I hit the tree. All I saw were all the Eland run off. I put the gun on safety and was ready to go. Ivan quickly grabbed the sticks when steven our tracker whistled and we looked back. Steven just pointed to the ground. Ivan talked to Steven and he said it dropped in its tracks. Me and Ivan both thought we saw him take off. We took a quick walk and steven was right. He was right where he took his last step. This was a magnificent animal. His coat was almost past blue. He was old and had a huge dewlap. His tuff was long and dark. His face black. It was the one that a lot of hunters had tried for. My luck this trip has been amazing. It took everyone to get this animal into the back of the bakkie. Steven devised a plan to use a black and tackle and after quite some work the eland was in the bakkie. We had to get him back to the salt to save the hide, but Ivan said lets just take a quick drive and see if we can find a blesbok. We drove off and saw some very nice giraffe. We then turned a corner and ivan slammed on the brakes and opened the door. I opened mine and we both jumped out with steven handing ivan the sticks. After a short stalk we were on the sticks. I had the rifle solidly on the rest and squeezed off the trigger. The blesbok dropped in his tracks. Another nice trophy.

Nice hunt for sure, pictures or it didn't happen! (y)

Day 11

The day began as all the rest. We would wake up and have breakfast and then load into the Bakkies. We were in good spirits today as our luck had changed over the past few days. Today we would be hunting kudu, Africas grey ghost. For those of you that know me I have a fascination with Americas grey ghost, the coues deer. I love hunting these small whitetail and it has become an obsession, even though I have not harvested one yet but I only hunt them spot and stalk with a bow. I was hoping my luck had changed because on the flight over I had the sinking feeling that I would not be able to harvest a mature Kudu, the feeling that I had gotten on every coues deer hunt I have gone on. Ivan told me that he had talked to the PH’s and they had seen kudu coming into this blind. The morning sit was pretty uneventful, except that the mature female warthog that had gotten the best of us a few days before showed up again at this blind. She skirted the wind and again took off. I was worried because the wind was shifting and it was not optimal for the blind by mid morning. Nothing else showed up for a few hours when I looked up and there was a Kudu cow at the water. The rut was on and this was only the second Kudu cow I had seen and no bulls. I told Ivan and he looked up and did not see any other kudu coming. All of a sudden a spike kudu stepped out from a path 100 yards away and came in. Then more kudu cows began coming in when the first mature bull I had seen entered the picture. He came in perfectly, but he had a skewed horn but he was long. After discussion we felt that we could do better. We then saw him. A great mature kudu bull with long wide horns. He stepped into the opening and froze. He stood there majestically as I had pictured and just watched the other kudu. They eventually moved off to the right but he stayed put, in the same spot, for atleast 45 minutes. While this was all going on that smart warthog came back and she had very long tusks, but we were kudu hunting. She gave us the perfect shot at 10 yards, she was one lucky or smart warthog. The big kudu bull finally moved off back down the path he came. We did not see another animal for the rest of the day.

Day 12

This morning we decided to go hunt a concession that a fellow ph had seen a great bull kudu hanging out at water the past two days while his party was hunting nyala. We entered the concession and began to drive around looking for kudu. We came around a corner and saw a young bull. We then continued to drive for the next two hours looking for kudu. We never did see one. We got to see golden wildebeest which are a very good looking animal and a huge herd of impala. Finally Ivan said he must be in the thick area. We discussed the multiple options and decided that we would send Stephen into the area to look for sign and we would go check out the water holes again. Stephen called us excited and we rushed back. Ivan said Stephen does not get excited unless he sees a great animal. After meeting up with Stephen the hunt was on. We came around a corner and spotted a group of kudu cows. We were looking, but could not see the bull. The wind shifted and the cows caught our sent and were off. We then laid eyes on the bull and he was exactly what I was looking for, wider horns and old and mature. They busted off towards the open area which would benefit us. We ran back to the bakkie and took off. We intercepted them near the opening and after a tense few minutes got into position. I was rock solid and squeezed the trigger. The bull did not even flinch and took off running. We both had our binoculars on him when he ran for about 150 yards and then began doing the death wobble. He tipped over and I had my kudu. This was a surrealistic experience. My safari was coming to an end and I had gotten all the animals that I wanted except a warthog. Walking up to the kudu was the best walk I have ever made and laying my hands on those long spiraling horns for the first time was a great experience. After taking photos and loading up the kudu we headed back to camp. Ivan asked what I wanted to do and I wanted to keep hunting. I said the gun is going away and I want to spot and stalk a red hartebeest. My thought was I had two and a half days left and this would pass the time. We loaded up that afternoon after a great lunch and took off for the concession. We were driving roads looking for hartebeest when Ivan spotted some bathing in the son. After a quick mile stalk I thought we were going to get the chance. The hartebeest had turned and were walking back down the road right to us. I was in a great position when Ivan told me to draw the bow. I was at full draw when I caught the glimpse of the first hartebeest. Inexplicably the hartebeest stopped ten feet away with no clear shot. He stood there for what seemed like an eternity and then they ducked into the thick cover. The stalk was over and I was glad. I did not want this to be a quick hunt. We decided that we would then drive around and see if we could see anymore. We came up on an area that had thick brush and I looked down and saw a great hartebeest. Before I could say anything the hartebeest jumped up and took off down the road. We exited the bakkie and were back in the thicket on the stalk. Stephen had backed the bakkie out of the way so that we would not disturb the hartebeest. We crept along as and finally got into an area that ivan wanted to set up in and look for the hartebeest. We set up and Ivan said that he had turned and was walking right to us. I again drew my bow and the hartebeest stopped again at ten yards. He stood there for a minute and I was beginning to get tired. Finally he walked out and I let the arrow fly at 7 yards. The hartebeest was hit. All in all the hunt for hartebeest lasted a little over an hour. So much for occupying the final days.

Day 13

Today we were after warthog as I had already taken more trophies the I had planned to. We set at a blind all morning looking for the mature female, but she never showed. Finally I said lets go spot and stalk a warthog. Ivan agreed and said that he had a river stretch that they should be at. He also told me there were huge impala there and I should think about shooting one if I was so inclined. I wasn’t, but said if a truly big one shows itself I might be hard pressed to pass it up. We began the stalk and came up on the first waterhole. Ivan was looking and did not see any warthog. I looked back towards the road and I saw two impala. I pointed them out to Ivan and he said we have to shoot that one. We put on a short 40 yard stalk and got set up. I was on the sticks focused on the big impala. The smaller one stepped out and I let him past. The smaller one got weary and jumped off about 40 yards but the big one did not move. I was rock solid waiting for him to turn. The impala made the fatal mistake and took a step towards the other impala. He gave me a broadside shot but because of brush I only had a high shoulder shot. I squeezed the trigger and the impala dropped in his tracks. This was truly the impala I was after.

Day 14 the final day

The last day of hunting in Africa brings many different emotions. I still had a meeting hopefully with a warthog, but would not let the fact that I have not shot one ruin my safari. We set up in the same blind that I shot my nyala out of for a morning hunt. We were there all morning and had decided that at 1230 we would head back to camp. At 1215 Ivan was getting ready to call Stephen to come pick us up when a group of old female warthogs without young offspring came in. The mature sow gave me a broadside shot at 15 yards and I put it right in the boiler room. She took off and me and Ivan were exstatic. We had taken all the animals on my list. Ivan then looked out at the waterhole and said there was an impala that we have to shoot. He is long and flared out which will make a great trophy. I got my bow, nocked another arrow and let it fly. I had a strong quartering shot which I thought I had placed perfectly, but it was a little back. We felt good about the hit though. We called Stephen and got out after the warthog. There was not much blood which amazed me because I saw it coming out of her the instant the arrow hit. Ivan said let Stephen work the track and lets go where we last saw it. Ivan went one way and I walked the other along the wood edge. After about a hundred yards I found my warthog and called Ivan. She is not the biggest, but she is one of the most memorable hunts. We then turned our attention to the impala. We tracked that thing for the rest of the afternoon not finding any blood. We looked everywhere and could not find it. Stephen is a great tracker and he was having a hard time picking up the track with all the impala tracks around. On a last ditch effort Ivan called for Joe who has tracked at Limcroma for a couple of decades. Joe came back with us and we began the track. Thirty minutes latter we had the impala. Seeing Joe work was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

Day 15 leaving camp

Today is a sad day as this is the last day I will be in Africa. We packed our bags and went over to the main office to settle up affairs. I wanted to take a few trophy photos so We got all my trophies lined them up and got the pictures I needed. We then loaded up in the truck for the long drive back to OR tambo airport. The safari was over, but I had already begun to plan my return trip

Limcroma safaris offers ome of the best hunting I have ever experienced. They cater to couples as I saw from other hunting parties the same way they cater to solo hunters. Whatever your party needs or desires Limcroma far surpasses the expectations. They are the best hunting outfit I have ever hunted with. If you are planning on your first safari or a repeat safari I highly recommend them. The thing that I learned though is that hunting in Africa is not as some have perclaimed of just shooting animals at will. It is difficult hunting that if you put in the time Limcroma will put you on the animals. They will cater your hunt however you want. If you want to spot and stalk with a bow or sit in a blind they make it happen. I recommend doing both a gun and bow hunt as this breaks up the monotony of sitting in a blind if your not inclined to spot and stalk with a bow. Be rest assured though that if you chose Limcroma Hannes Els will make sure that you have the best safari possible.

Congrats, one heck of a hunt!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg