Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Free State, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda
I was in South Africa in Early June with Jacques and friends @whitetail , and Chris Esterhuizen of Jongosi Media Productions-our cameraman for the hunt. The area and province will remain anonymous for the safety of both the landowner and the rhinos. The 2 of us were both doing a rhino vitadart and most likely a few PG each. The first afternoon we arrived, we took a drive around the property looking for rhino and other game. I was amazed to see rhino for the first time, just a really cool sight!
20220528_163851.jpg

After drinks by the fire and wonderful dinner, it was off to bed with an early morning in pursuit. After a few close encounters, which were very intense having to get to withing 20-30 yards of multiple bulls, we finally had an opportunity! You talk about intense with 3 bulls that can move pretty quick when spooked, especially with ever changing winds! It was incredible to be up close to a living breathing dinosaur!

20220529_101651.jpg

A few days later when on the ground looking for a bull for @whitetail, we can across a group of about 10 rhino. 3 of them broke off and started coming our way in one horizontal line next to each other and started trotting towards us. When they got about 10-15 yards and still coming, thankfully one of the other PHs yelled them off. Thank Very happy they turned and took off as that could have gone really bad really quick!!! We couldn't wait to see the video to determine who's eyes were bigger and who was more pale after that encounter, mine or @whitetail 's!!

I also added a few PG of opportunity, specifically a few that I had not taken in my previous trips to SA, a black impala and a hartman's zebra, which they had on the property.
20220531_172804.jpg
20220531_172329.jpg
20220531_083908.jpg
20220528_164002.jpg
20220531_173240.jpg

This was a short trip for me, as I was plugging in a week that was supposed to be a Romania hunt. Jacques @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS made it work and it was a great time with old friends. This makes 6 of the dangerous 7 for me!

I highly recommend Jacques, as I have many times in the past, great guy and PH, with many different areas in many different countries!

I will be going with Jacques for 4th time later this year to Uganda and look forward to it!

It is incredible to get within 20 yards of these incredible animals.
Glad you got to play your part in Rhino conservation.

That was one (of multiple) incredibly awesome safaris!!! For those here on AH that haven’t done or been interested in a Vitadart rhino hunt- please consider it!!! As @cpr0312 says above- it is VERY exciting- you really have to get up close and personal with them which certainly makes for some adrenaline pumping moments!!! As always- Jacques Spamer @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS comes thru with putting the hunter in the action!!!
8a8f2d81-5f79-4641-8ec1-0d7ed8020362.jpg

Plus- a great time is ALWAYS had by all!!!

Glad you had a good time Charles!

Good short trip !

That is cool, congrats !

Must have been exciting - thanks for sharing!

Awesome hunt, and glad to have met you at the airport. Good luck with your trip to Uganda, what's in the cross hairs this time?

Getting close to rhinos is a special experience. Glad you had a good trip bud.

Awesome hunt, and glad to have met you at the airport. Good luck with your trip to Uganda, what's in the cross hairs this time?

Thanks sir, was nice meeting you also! Uganda will be for Nile buff, giant impala, warthog, bushbuck, and bushpig

o_O :cool:

another hunt to add to my list. thanks for sharing and taking us along for ride!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross