www.stockysstocks.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor NRA, African Safari Club, SCI Life Member, SCI South Florida, NSSF
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique
I would be greatly appreciative if you hunters, outfitters and PH's would be upfront and blunt because lion hunting is an expensive proposition. How would you rate this cat and what dollar figure would we be talking to hunt him or similar in the RSA?

lion.jpg

Thank you!

Attachments

• lion.jpg
    lion.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 82
I have never hunted lions.... But that looks like a stud of a cat. Full thick mane with a lot of black in it... Hard to find anything wrong except asking about his age. He is obviously mature but doesn't look like an old cat.... Would make a great trophy. Bruce

Thats a fantastic lion for anywhere! He may not be ancient but he is old enough to shoot! Fully mature. Assume a private ranch affair, hopefully not too small an acreage. Worth what the seller can get I guess. I hunted lion years ago in Botswana in the Okavango. Didnt get one but had the hunt of lifetime, so for me hunting on a smallish concession for a lion that may have been raised would not work for me, but I am pretty particular, some might say anal about some things.

I've never hunted a Lion but based on my armchair experience on the internet I would suggest this cat is a mature animal, approximately 5-6 years of age. Fully developed mane turning dark but not losing condition, a firm jaw line, not slack around the mouth.

I would say this is a prime animal and a top trophy which would command a top price to hunt. Putting a dollar sign on him is something I would feel uncomfortable to do as I would prefer to pay for a Lion hunt and take which animal is best for the pride/area, not window shopping for a specific animal at a certain price. There are also variables with regard to outfitter, area, country and a plethora of others I'm sure.

For me, unless it is a troublesome animal that needs removing for a specific purpose, I personally consider him to be in his prime and in optimal condition for breeding so therefore I would prefer to hunt a younger animal to thin the numbers in an area or an older beast that has lived his life.

I am sure not any on here would pass this lion up.

I am not sure of the age of this lion. Based on this one picture. You would need addition views to determine age more closely.

However, this lion appears to be in the 4 to 5 year range based on the Mane & pink nose.

As far as cost goes, it is what the market will bring.

I know this pic is at least a year old, the concession is several thousand acres.

Stocky I'm just guessing at the age but I'm going to say 4-5 years old and in his prime. I offered one like this, this year to a client that was asking about a lion hunts as he and his family had a few days to spare after leaving Zim now I can't give you an exact price but is was between $15,999 and $16,001 :D hope you find the one you want. Bob

Looking at the picture my guess is 5 years,a good male.My price would be $16500.

With the mane he has...$16,000+ is a realistic number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross