www.stockysstocks.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor NRA, African Safari Club, SCI Life Member, SCI South Florida, NSSF
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique
I would be greatly appreciative if you hunters, outfitters and PH's would be upfront and blunt because lion hunting is an expensive proposition. How would you rate this cat and what dollar figure would we be talking to hunt him or similar in the RSA?

Thank you!

Attachments

• lion.jpg
    lion.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 43

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
I have never hunted lions.... But that looks like a stud of a cat. Full thick mane with a lot of black in it... Hard to find anything wrong except asking about his age. He is obviously mature but doesn't look like an old cat.... Would make a great trophy. Bruce

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Thats a fantastic lion for anywhere! He may not be ancient but he is old enough to shoot! Fully mature. Assume a private ranch affair, hopefully not too small an acreage. Worth what the seller can get I guess. I hunted lion years ago in Botswana in the Okavango. Didnt get one but had the hunt of lifetime, so for me hunting on a smallish concession for a lion that may have been raised would not work for me, but I am pretty particular, some might say anal about some things.

Adrian

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
England year round and Namibia x5.
I've never hunted a Lion but based on my armchair experience on the internet I would suggest this cat is a mature animal, approximately 5-6 years of age. Fully developed mane turning dark but not losing condition, a firm jaw line, not slack around the mouth.

I would say this is a prime animal and a top trophy which would command a top price to hunt. Putting a dollar sign on him is something I would feel uncomfortable to do as I would prefer to pay for a Lion hunt and take which animal is best for the pride/area, not window shopping for a specific animal at a certain price. There are also variables with regard to outfitter, area, country and a plethora of others I'm sure.

For me, unless it is a troublesome animal that needs removing for a specific purpose, I personally consider him to be in his prime and in optimal condition for breeding so therefore I would prefer to hunt a younger animal to thin the numbers in an area or an older beast that has lived his life.

James.Grage

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
Hunted
USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
I am sure not any on here would pass this lion up.

I am not sure of the age of this lion. Based on this one picture. You would need addition views to determine age more closely.

However, this lion appears to be in the 4 to 5 year range based on the Mane & pink nose.

As far as cost goes, it is what the market will bring.

Stocky

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.stockysstocks.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor NRA, African Safari Club, SCI Life Member, SCI South Florida, NSSF
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique
I know this pic is at least a year old, the concession is several thousand acres.

Bobpuckett

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
Hunted
USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
Stocky I'm just guessing at the age but I'm going to say 4-5 years old and in his prime. I offered one like this, this year to a client that was asking about a lion hunts as he and his family had a few days to spare after leaving Zim now I can't give you an exact price but is was between $15,999 and $16,001 :D hope you find the one you want. Bob

peras

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
PHASA HSC
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe,Mozambique
Looking at the picture my guess is 5 years,a good male.My price would be $16500.

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
With the mane he has...$16,000+ is a realistic number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuthGerste

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J