AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Cameroon, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia.
I just completed a seven day cape buffalo hunt with @GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS. All buffalo hunting on this property are for mature buffalo that were born and raised on this property. Because of the steep terrain in this area, we would drive out to an overlook, scan the valley and far hillside looking for buffalo. Once buffalo were spotted, we could then make a plan for a stock. To be quite honest, this was the thickest vegetation I have ever hunted cape buffalo in.

The night before my hunt started, Wik and I sat down to discuss what I should expect. He told me that the previous hunter was on day six before he saw a shooter buffalo, another hunter was on day four before he saw a shooter. Trust me, there are plenty of quality buffalo, but because of the thick vegetation,
Image1665181210.204197.jpg
Image1665181233.964509.jpg
Image1665181252.515685.jpg
Image1665181265.391768.jpg

they aren’t standing in an open field waiting to be shot.

As hunting luck would have it for me, within an hour of my first morning hunting buffalo, I was able to take a very hard boss, old ugly bull at approximately 125 yards.

Also on this trip, I was able to score on a 37” cape eland, a huge cape kudu, +10 other quality animals. All aspects of this hunt and all aspects of the camp and the food were top-notch. This was my 16th safari, my eighth buffalo, and without a doubt this operation is run as well as any as I have ever seen. Quite frankly the camp is almost too nice. Out in front of our chalets there was a very huge field that always had plenty of game to view. The lodge is wonderful, the hunting vehicles are first rate. I truly could not have asked for a better experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having completed a hunt in May/Jun with Wik, I completely agree with your comment. The quality of the animals is awesome. Glad you had a great time with Wik. (y)

Congratulations, well done

Congrats, all of your animals look great. You obviously had a memorable hunt.

All excellent trophies-that is a very clean zebra skin! Love all your animals, congrats on a great safari with wonderful people. A slice of heaven on earth for sure

All excellent trophies-that is a very clean zebra skin! Love all your animals, congrats on a great safari with wonderful people. A slice of heaven on earth for sure
This is a cape mountain zebra, unfortunately, you cannot bring it back to the US. You know, the US knows African game management better than Africa!! lol

Great hunt, congrats !

Great animals!! The Zebra is absolutely gorgeous!! What’s the acreage of available territory hunted???

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Great animals!! The Zebra is absolutely gorgeous!! What’s the acreage of available territory hunted???
Hunting a few different properties. 80%+ of animals hunted are on our our own land.
Land sizes are 15 000 acres+
Most areas have thick vegetation and rolling hills/mountains. Meaning the areas feel double the size when hunting them. You can send me a message or email if you are interetsed in a hunt Sir!

Hunting a few different properties. 80%+ of animals hunted are on our our own land.
Land sizes are 15 000 acres+
Most areas have thick vegetation and rolling hills/mountains. Meaning the areas feel double the size when hunting them. You can send me a message or email if you are interetsed in a hunt Sir!
Will you be at SCI in Nashville??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcdowall

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!