SOUTH AFRICA: Postoak - Limpopo - 2021 - Trip Report Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS & DAVE FREEBURN SAFARIS

Awesome to see someone hunting rhino this year. Good to know their care will continue on a little longer thanks to hunters.

They can't be all bad... they own a Springer. :)
My sentiments exactly.

C36E8AC6-06AD-43A5-ABC0-B1CAA956CAF5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice hunt and report. Been looking for this one for a while. 357 shoots nice.

Ah! My neighbor!

1st Kudu bull 56 3/4' second bull 51"

1st Kudu bull horn lenght 50"
2nd Kudu bull horn lenght 46"

hey rob

great report and well written
i enjoyed reading it even though i was with you on most of the hunt
made me remember all the little things that happened
btw i am sure the one evening we "forced" rob to watch a rugby match was somehow left out of the report, i thought it would surely have been a highlight of the trip

thx rob
hope to see u again sometime in near future

Hi Stuart. Would you believe I've watched Rugby on YouTube since I have been back? Well, okay, I watched about 5 minutes of one game but I plan on watching more when things have settled down here.

As for the Kudu horn lengths, Buck Wild nailed them. The first was 51 1/2" and the second was 49".
In for the WIN !! And as we discussed on PM, I actually had 49" for second bull but went back and edited response so not to insult you :D

Congrats for a great hunt !

That rhino is just magnificent.

That night we met Dave's next client. Again, I didn't catch a last name. He was just Dave to me and was from Athens, Georgia. He was also in for a rhino. He said he posted occasionally here so maybe he'll chime in.

View attachment 419937
Oops, sorry, this was DAN, not Dave.

Sable bull at waterhole next to lodge:

Stuart emailed today to tell me that they had encountered my eland at a salt block and put it down. My shot had been deflected forward into the neck, but it didn't hit bone.

Eland 1.jpg
Eland 2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross