Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Canada, Colorado, Wyoming, Texas, Kansas
Just got back from 10 day hunt with Kubusi Safaris . Hunt with my son and had a excellent time.
Hunted with PH Hennie he is a hunting machine cannot say enough about him has eyeballs as sharp as a bald eagle . We took 22 animals in 9 days was pretty eventful to say the least. Had trouble finding ammo so emailed Hornady as I wanted to switch from Federal to Hornady as what I needed for the game we planned to hunt GMX, SST not available at time they recommended 150 gr Interlocks so I took advise and was extremely disappointed in performance of bullets used 270 GR #8508 shot Eland at 100 yds and maybe had 100 gr left took 6 shot to put down . Took 3 Kudu, Eland, Waterbuck, 3 Blue Wildabeest, Black Wildabeest, Bushbuck, 2 Warthogs, 2 Impala, Giraffe,Springbok, Blesbok, 2 Zebra, Baboon.

SA 2014 day 1 036.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics! Must have pics! :)

We took all hornady ammunition on our safari. I shot a couple animals with it and was very disappointed. Switched to Barnes X (using PH rifles)and we shot 8 more animals after. Barnes X held together perfectly and I will be switching all my ammo to Barnes X. I have no affiliation with Barnes.
Jim

SA 2014 day 1 036.JPG
SA 2104 day2 022.JPG
SA 2104 Day 3 022.JPG
SA 2104 Day 3 031.JPG
SA 2104 Day 3 047.JPG
SA 2104 Day 3 058.JPG
SA 2014 Day 4 lunch 001.JPG
SA 2014 day 5 008.JPG
SA 2014 day 5 011.JPG
SA 2014 day 5 015.JPG
SA 2014 Day7 055.JPG
SA 2014  Day 8 020.JPG
SA 2014 Day7 073.JPG
SA 2014 Day7 077.JPG
SA 2014 Day 8 012.JPG
SA 2014 Day 9 012.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
My son and I hunted with Kubusi in late May. We also had the good fortune to be guided by Hennie. He is as you say a hunting machine and a blast to be around! In fact all of the PH's we met were top notch as was Longmon, our tracker.
africa.jpg
MJR Warthog 11.JPG
MJR Impala 4.JPG
MBR Kudu 5.JPG
. Wish we could have stayed longer but we certainly will be back! I highly recommend Kubusi/Williamson Safari.

Great success.
Glad you switched from the ammo that was not working.

Thanks for posting your report.

We went 10 days but could have easily done in 7 but it was nice to slow the pace down but we also took 11 extra animals.
Longone was excellent tracker/skinner he was always smiling even when we shot the Giraffe took 5 or 6 of them better part of 5-6 hrs to skin and cut up. They worked hard that's for sure.

We went for 7 days and were pretty much done in 4. Took 11 animals in all. Started to shoot more but decided we would plan a return trip instead so we saved some for next time. I saw the Giraffe hunt video on Kubusi's page. Wow! Great shot on a great animal!

Congrats to both of you, Badboy and Whisstle, very nice trophies !

What a good hunt you did Whisstle and Badboy.....congratulations boys......the last Kudu picture take my atemption with his Ivory tips.......!!!!!!

Just got back from 10 day hunt with Kubusi Safaris . Hunt with my son and had a excellent time.
Hunted with PH Hennie he is a hunting machine cannot say enough about him has eyeballs as sharp as a bald eagle . We took 22 animals in 9 days was pretty eventful to say the least. Had trouble finding ammo so emailed Hornady as I wanted to switch from Federal to Hornady as what I needed for the game we planned to hunt GMX, SST not available at time they recommended 150 gr Interlocks so I took advise and was extremely disappointed in performance of bullets used 270 GR #8508 shot Eland at 100 yds and maybe had 100 gr left took 6 shot to put down . Took 3 Kudu, Eland, Waterbuck, 3 Blue Wildabeest, Black Wildabeest, Bushbuck, 2 Warthogs, 2 Impala, Giraffe,Springbok, Blesbok, 2 Zebra, Baboon.

Interlocks? Whoever at Hornady recommended them needs a tuning up. The Interlock is a deer bullet. Hornady Interbonds are bonded and way better suited for African Game.

My son and I hunted with Kubusi in late May. We also had the good fortune to be guided by Hennie. He is as you say a hunting machine and a blast to be around! In fact all of the PH's we met were top notch as was Longmon, our tracker.View attachment 29794 View attachment 29795 View attachment 29796 View attachment 29797 . Wish we could have stayed longer but we certainly will be back! I highly recommend Kubusi/Williamson Safari.

Henny is a great PH and is a laugh a minute. BTW Hennie is worth his weight in gold when it comes to humping heave game into the truck.

MJR MBR Zebra 2.JPG
That he is! We doubled on Zebra and the fun began. I didn't think we'd ever get them loaded. I wasn't much help as I had arm surgery 6 months prior to our trip.

I noticed a couple of your animals had chipped horn tips ,were these cull animals or trophys ?

The Kudu was an old bull and the Bushbuck was from fighting they were trophy's but taxidermist can fix we opted to leave them as character marks a I will hunt Bushbuck again when I go back in 2016 but Kudu will be hard to top my 53" Kudu for East Cape. Bushbuck was difficult but very fun hard hunt.

Missed this one somehow, That's a Crap load of Fine trophies Congrats!

Nice bunch of animals for sure, congrats!!

Congratulations. It sounds like you had a great hunt. Thanks for sharing.

All the best.

Looks like you guys really made good! That warty is special for sure!

I cannot believe someone at Hornady would recommend Interlock bullets for your hunt. If GMX or Interbond were not available, he should have sent you to another brand out of compassion!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg