AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Germany, Poland, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Hello everyone,

maybe some remember, at the beginning of the year I won a free hunt at Lianga Safaris for 1 hunter and 1 observer!
Now me and Markus are back from the trip and wanted to share our experience with Lianga Safaris. It was a wonderful trip!
But let´s start from the beginning...

Day 1
After a looong trip from Germany with stopover in Madrid/Spain we finally arrived at Johannesburg! PH Herman was allready waiting for us at the airport, and we set off to our hunting destinantion. Lots of fun and laughter during the drive, so I already knew, this will be a funny and enjoyable week!
Lianga Safaris is situated in the Limpopo province, as we arrived I was stunned by this beautiful place - plenty of animals to see and a very nice accomondation. Not a single thing to complain about!
After unpacking our stuff, we went to the main building to drink some beer at the great bar and chatting with Herman, his wife Annette and 2 other very nice clients. A nice evening with a very tasty dinner!

_dsc0605-jpg.164706

_dsc0589-jpg.164704

Day 2
Early in the morning we started for the first bush walk, soon we saw much game - Wildebeest, Blesbok, Kudu, Sable... Hermans tame warthog followed us for a while, a true hunting pig! We tried or luck with wildebeest and blesbok. The bush was thick and stalking the game not easy. We spotted some, but as we approched we could not see a good male.
As the midday sun started to roast us like bacon chips we returned to camp for lunch and a quick rest. 3 o´clock in the afernoon we started all over. This time, Markus was lucky - he wanted to get a zebra, and like out of nowhere a group of zebra came out of thick bush. I handled my rifle to him, Herman got him into the right position.... now waiting for a stallion to walk into a tiny open spot. BUMM and its down where it stood.
A good ending of our second day - at the evening we killed some beer and had great fun with Herman, Annette, the other PH Tarek and the other clients.

_dsc0551-jpg.164702

_dsc0587-jpg.164703

_dsc0644-jpg.164709

Day 3
We started hunting early. Had some nice stalks on blesbok, and finally - shorty before we had to go back to camp for lunch - I got my blesbok! We stalked a big group - Herman decided to overtake it, bringing me into a nice shooting position. From the sticks I waited for the right blesbok to came into a gap between two bushes. A shot and its down where it stood. What an exitement!
After lunch we started the second round. Now we looked for wildebeest. We spotted tons of them, but no adult male, only female and young one. In the late evening we finally saw some nice bulls - Herman made the sticks ready, bull came into sight and I shot. Buuuuh, too far behind! Now we started stalking the wounded animal - luckily I could get a second shot after Herman spotted the bull running in front of us... but he went off, and now its started to get dark! sh...t!
I was so relieved when we found it lying in the bush! Uffff! Second animal done for this day. The beer tasted great at this night!

_dsc0738-jpg.164712

_dsc0829-jpg.164716

Day 4
Today we went off to another hunting area to hunt some waterbuck. We started walking, went under a a fence, suddely Herman saw a good one for me, sticks up, rifle on the sticks, and without even a thought I shot. Wow, that was fast and far! I started to be a little concerned since I even couldn´t tell what the waterbuck locked like, everything happend so fast. We went to the place I shot him, and there was penty of lung blood. Very good! We followed a blood trail that led us to the lying waterbuck. He wanted to charge us, but was too weak - a second shot finished him off. What a beautiful trophy!
Driving around at the farm, Herman spotted a jackal. I shot from the vehicle... and missed! Dogs jumped off to look for the jackal, but instead of it they found a nice warthog.... the warthog made a fatal mistake, it tried to get into a hole far too small for it. Herman followed the dogs, saw the hogs head sticking out of the hole and called for a rifle! Markus jumped from the vehicle, ran to the spot and got his warthog - a very nice one! We had to dig it out, haha! Sadly, one of the dogs got hurt, so we went back quickly to get the dog to the vet (dog is fine now).
Great day with two nice trophies!

_dsc0843-jpg.164718

_dsc0907-jpg.164722

Day 5
We now had all trophies we wanted, so we relaxed at the pool and went off with Hermans son to do some bird hunting - what a talented young hunter he is! At the evening, we drove to another hunting area to do a night hunt on porcupine. We had no luck, wind was blowing so badly the porcupines stayed at home - but we saw a lot of other game. At one moment, Herman startet shouting "bushpig, bushpig!" and there was a whole group of them running up a hill. I took my chance, but missed. Too far, too fast (in my memory, it was like 200 Meters and running with 100 miles per hour... ;) )

Day 6
Relaxing, relaxing, relaxing! We spend time at the pool and watching the birdlife on the farm. At the evening we went off to do some clay shooting. Herman, Annette and their children are really great shooters, wow! But, at the end, Markus and I hit some as well. At the evening we did a nice braai and had a great time drinking beer, laughing and chatting. In the night, we had to go to Johannesburg to catch our flight to Vic Falls. So the days at Lianga Safaris came to an end... it was a great time with exiting stalks, great trophies and of course a lot of fun!
Thank you Herman and Annette for this wonderful week!

_dsc1057-jpg.164726

_DSC0547.jpg
_DSC0738.jpg
_DSC0829.jpg
_DSC0840.jpg
_DSC0843.jpg
_DSC0877.jpg
_DSC0907.jpg
_DSC1062.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC0551.jpg
    802.2 KB · Views: 1,097
  • _DSC0587.jpg
    879 KB · Views: 1,210
  • _DSC0589.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,017
  • _DSC0605.jpg
    886.8 KB · Views: 1,184
  • _DSC0612.jpg
    911 KB · Views: 218
  • _DSC0633.jpg
    854.4 KB · Views: 223
  • _DSC0644.jpg
    767.3 KB · Views: 1,029
  • _DSC0659.jpg
    972.4 KB · Views: 244
  • _DSC0668.jpg
    907.8 KB · Views: 265
  • _DSC0767.jpg
    930.2 KB · Views: 223
  • _DSC0776.jpg
    827.2 KB · Views: 226
  • _DSC0782.jpg
    817.1 KB · Views: 226
  • _DSC0860.jpg
    836.8 KB · Views: 217
  • _DSC0903.jpg
    984.3 KB · Views: 243
  • _DSC0915.jpg
    859.9 KB · Views: 235
  • _DSC0925.jpg
    936.4 KB · Views: 220
  • _DSC0991.jpg
    803.8 KB · Views: 269
  • _DSC1057.jpg
    764.9 KB · Views: 971
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you had a great time!

Congrats, thanks for sharing!

Well done and thanks for sharing! Lianga is on my radar as one possible outfitter for my first trip...they have a lot of appealing package deals.

Looks like a great time was had by all. Congrats Bruce

Congrats, some great animals harvested!

Congrats, you had a great time and took nice trophies !

Thanks to you all! I (we) had a great time and I can only recomment Lianga Safaris for your next trip! Feel free to ask me any question, in English, German, or Polish. :)

well done young lady .
Love seeing the fairer sex out hunting .
You will have the bug to go back no dought ???(y)

Thanks to you all! I (we) had a great time and I can only recomment Lianga Safaris for your next trip! Feel free to ask me any question, in English, German, or Polish. :)
Looks like y'all had a great time!

Random question, what brand of pants are those you are wearing with the black knee pads? Looks like something my wife would really like. Thanks!

Great report!! I have a hunt scheduled with them next August, it will be my first time in Africa and Terrak (one of the PH's) has been great about fielding every strange question my wife and I can come up with! Very glad to see you had such a great time!

Your photos have such great composition. Love the mix of candid shots and creative trophy shots.
Awesome.

Glad you had a good time.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

@ Eventually Africa:
You will have a great time, Tarek is a great PH and you´ll have a lot of fun! Enjoy your stay, first time is always special. Which animals are you going for?

@ Eventually Africa:
You will have a great time, Tarek is a great PH and you´ll have a lot of fun! Enjoy your stay, first time is always special. Which animals are you going for?
Hello!

I initially just wanted the "starter" package which, if I recall, was something like 1 Blesbuck, 1 Imapala and a warthog but ever since I started tooling around this website I've added a Zebra, a Bushpig and either an Oryx or a Kudu (or lets be honest, both if I get good shots and can save up enough) to the list as well as maybe a day of wing shooting. My wife has also decided she wants to hunt for a day or two, she really wants to take a warthog or a bushpig as well. Tarek has been exceptionally good at answering all our random questions and I'll be at the Denver show this January to meet them before hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great choice! Good thing is as you are walking around you see plenty of game, and if a good chance is there - take it! I had now 5 safaris in Africa and you´ll always regret the animals you did not hunt, not the ones you got. ;) Your wife surely will have a great time as well!

Thanks for the report and congrats on some fine trophies!

Looks like you had a great hunt. Thank you for sharing the report and the pictures!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daneski43

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber