SOUTH AFRICA: Plain Game With LJ SAFARIS In South Africa

michal

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have just returned from my very first hunting trip to South Africa. I booked a plain game with @LJ SAFARIS in Eastern Cape. I have been hunting in two areas - Karoo and Makana, while using several game reserves. I succeded to hunt 9 animals in 7 days. Black Wildebeest, Mountain Reedbuck, Waterbuck, Nyala, Impala, Cape Bushbuck, Steinbuck, Sable and Warhog. First three days, we spent in a wonderfull mountain landscape Karoo hunting Black Wildebeest, Mountain Reedbuck and Waterbuck. The rest of the trip and of course remaining animals we hunted in the several location in Makhanda/Grahamstown vicinity.

All the staff were first class, Juan and Lauren (the owners of the LJ Safaris) are one the best professionals I have ever met.
I met in person Juan at the Port Elisabeth Airport and was accompanied by him all the time untill my departure from Port Elisabeth. I must admit that the time spent with Juan was one of the best hunting trips in my entire life (and I did quite some hunting).

The lodge and food were the best quality in both areas.
Rifle I used was rented from Juan and it was in a perfect condition.
Flights from and to continental Europe to/from Johanesburg with Lufthansa and Swissair were on time without any issues. For entering of SAR you still need covid test or vaccination certificate.

IMG_20220619_140418_231.jpg
IMG_20220704_144313_164.jpg
IMG_20220710_112543_265.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on a wonderful Safari!

Lauren and Juan do a great job. I am very glad you had a great hunt with them as well!

Congrats on a great hunt !

nicely done congrats

Sounds like a wonderful experience for you!

Sounds like you had a great hunt. Congrats
Bruce

Congratulations on a successful FIRST safari. Thanks for posting.

Congrats on a successful hunt on your chosen animal species. Sounds like a great trip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross