SOUTH AFRICA: Pawprint Safaris 2016

rpgoldsby

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello ah community. Have been a member of ah for several years but never gave a review or posted anything but have the time to share my 2016 safari with Paw Print safaris. My wife and I landed in joburg on July 5 2016. And we're met by our ph Proppy that drove us to Flintbeck lodge. We immediately felt safe with Prop. He was helpful and knowledgeable of all our needs and concerns. After dinner and drinks by the fire we settled in for a well deserved nap. The crew at flintbeck Pieter and Prop were great. We knew we had made a good choice.
I'm not going to give a long detailed report just pics of hunts and stuff we did while on safari. Everything was great. Food, lodging, companionship, and so on. What minor "I mean minor" were dealt with by Pieter and Prop swiftly and accordingly. I really enjoyed our stay enough that we are leaving again to hunt with Paw Print July 2017. On the hunt agenda hippo, Nyala, blue wildebeest, kudu, bushbuck, and hopefully another buffalo. I can't get enough of the excitement that buffalo hunting provides. This was our second safari in 2 years. We had a wonderful experience on our first safari. But after joining ah and reading about other safari operators we choose Pieter because of all the good things people had to say. Especially because of the comments and review @CAustin has provided. He had hunted with my ph from previous safari and I knew immediately if it was good for caustin it should be good for me. I have never met him but I value his opinion and thank him. On with the pics. Hope y'all enjoy

IMG_2289.JPG
IMG_2364.JPG
IMG_2445.JPG
IMG_2451.JPG
IMG_2356.JPG
IMG_2443.JPG
IMG_2294.JPG
IMG_2361.JPG
IMG_2435.JPG
febbfeb34823d0bb434ace6ae3a59e32.jpg
2dba262748f959b59d49570c5c2d48e7.jpg
4b62c8da25505de0f466d005d9accb59.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2478.JPG
    IMG_2478.JPG
    304 KB · Views: 169
Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_2387.JPG
IMG_2388.JPG
IMG_2389.JPG
IMG_2389.JPG
IMG_2370.JPG
IMG_2444.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Prop and Pieter are great together. Always having fun. But business and safari is on the top of their minds

Congrats on a great safari and thanks for sharing!!

Glad you had a great trip and getting to go back. I may need to save a copy of that picture with prop on top of Pieter for some use down the road. They just make for a fun time around camp and great to hunt with to. When do you get there in july. I get there july 1 and leave on july 9th.

Thank you for the kind words @rpgoldsby! You and I share the same opinion of Pieter and his operation for sure! Looks like you had a great hunt taking plenty of trophies. In fact I hope to see an impala as nice as yours because I'm going to put him down!
image.jpg

The Swingin Safari is a Flintbeck tradition as is drinking Schnapps! Remember to look him in the eye!
This year I'm looking forward to visiting with the Schlotfelts as they are just next door to Pieter's new lodge.

Billc we get there on the evening of the 6th of July. CAustin my wife loved the schnapps with the crew at flintbeck. I couldn't drink that stuff though. I'm sure we will be looking them up. Counting the days.

Looking forward to meeting you then as me and my son will be there for a few days after you get in.

rpgoldsby, thanks for sharing the pictures! Hope you have another great hunt! Just leave something for me in September:unsure:.

Thanks for sharing your safari, congrats!

Congratulations.

Thank you for the kind words Preston. Looking forward to seeing you in July.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you