SOUTH AFRICA: Our Second African Hunt With Andrew Harvey Safari In April 2014

Bwana Mike

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Safari Club International, Tucson Trap & Skeet Club, NRA Life Member, GOA Member.
Hunted
USA, Canada, South Africa
This was the second hunt for my brother and I with Andrew Harvey Safaris. There is no better reference that can be made that equals repeat business from happy, satisfied clients.

This time we brought my sister-in-law with us. This was her first hunt, first safari and first Zebra. Andrew got her within 100 yards of the Zebra. She made her one and only shot count. One shot! One kill! With someone who has never hunted before! This feat was truly amazing and a great testament to Andrew’s hunting and stalking prowess, as well as his patience and coaching abilities.

My brother took 5 animals and I took 4. I harvested a beautiful Red Lechwe, a Black Wildebeest with a nice boss, a Cape Springbuck with large horns and a Red Hartebeest. The only animal on my list that I did not get was a Baboon. They are wily, wary, quick and ever alert. The troop has many eyes and ears and they know what it means when a pickup truck full of men comes down the road. No matter, it was fun to shoot at them and watch them scatter.

The stalks I made with Andrew for the 4 animals I did take were challenging and exhilarating. I slithered on my belly like a snake, crawled on my hands and knees through tall grass, hiked up and down steep rocky mountains, and had to make long range shots from contorted positions behind cover. These were the best stalks and hunts that I have ever experienced! I was dog tired at night, but I went to sleep happy about that day’s hunt and dreaming of the next day’s hunt.

The trackers and skinners took great care in skillfully handling our trophies and preparing them for the taxidermist. The accommodations, meals and service were wonderful and we stayed at some of the places from our first trip, so it was like visiting old friends again.

Andrew also took us on a side trip to a Cheetah farm where we took some incredible photos of the feline predators there, and we also stopped at a roadside stand for some Kudu pies. Delicious!

Thanks to Andrew and his team for another wonderful safari!

Michael Storinsky, Ohio, USA

mcmike2014@fioptics.com

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike sounds like you had a great time. Congrats on the trophies. I agree with you that great endorsement is had when someone hunts with an outfitter a second time. I've hunted twice with African Sky Safaris and PH Hennie du Toit. Both were grand adventures out in the bush with a fine South African gentleman!
Where do you actually hunt?
Pits some pictures when you can.

Thanks for the hunt report, I would love some pictures.

Congratulations on the hunt.

Congrats on a great hunt and good job introducing your sister in law to the joys of hunting and Africa. Sounds like she earned her stripes :)
Would love to see some pics (y)

This time we brought my sister-in-law with us. This was her first hunt, first safari and first Zebra. Andrew got her within 100 yards of the Zebra. She made her one and only shot count. One shot! One kill! With someone who has never hunted before! This feat was truly amazing and a great testament to Andrew’s hunting and stalking prowess, as well as his patience and coaching abilities.

There is just something about women and Zebras. My wife, too, her first shot was one shot one kill on a Zebra. In fact I am not sure of ever hearing a story about a woman missing on a Zebra. :W Sniper:Congratulations on your hunt. Job well done. :A Thumbs Up:

Thanks for posting your report.

"Drag and drop" some pictures of your hunt when you get a moment please.

Congrats for a great hunt, Mike, and thanks for sharing !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg