AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US, South Africa
Sitting here @ Hercules safaris on our third day with our list already done,
Started off going after a zebra and wife got a beautiful stallion, ph said around 850 pounds. After getting him in the salt we had a couple of hours to try and fill some of my list. We went for another walk and nearby in one of his fields were lots of animals, a blesbok ewe was standing about 150 yards away with decent horns so he told me to shoot. Heard the pop and watched her run a short distance and drop. Tracker called for a truck and they loaded her up and took her to the skinning shed. Still time left so off we go up on a ridge to wait and see what came out. A small herd of wildebeest came out and so we set up for a shot. Another 150-175 yard shot sitting and bang, heard the pop and she ran about 50-75 yards and piled up and then gave a bellow. #3 for the day down. Tracker again called for truck and we loaded her in. Started to walk back because it was starting to get late and out pops an impala. Bang and no pop this time and saw the dirt kick up behind it. Oh no i thought so we go to look, track had us stay back while he went ahead and soon he was motioning up forward. 4th animal in the salt on the first day. Now we have only 2 animals left for the whole week.

Day 2 we go to another concession and are looking for sable and warthog. Wife up first for sable and after a short time we spot one and ph said you should shoot him. Wife steadys for the shot and bang pop, a few minutes later we are holding one of the most beautiful of the African trophies, horns measured about 40 1/2 from base to tip and i think about 9 inch bases. After pics and congratulations we are off to look for a warthog. Middle of the day now and very hot so we stop for lunch and wait a little. The ph decides to go sit for a couple of hours in a blind and we have 3 different groups of warthogs come in but too small. One last drive around to see if we can find any and just about to go back for the night and a decent warthog runs across the road. Bang, pop and wart hog goes down. Day 2 and we are done.
Now to hang out and relax for a while.
20181007_140601.jpeg
20181007_183337.jpeg
20181007_182556.jpeg
20181007_182653.jpeg
20181008_111534.jpeg
IMG_20181008_193436_070.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Job well done congratulations

Good sable, very good warthog...keep it up !

Another note to all who are worried about the food, the meat we are eating for one is the animal you killed earlier and two i am having a hard time to tell it isn't beef. This place has delicious food! Hospitality is phenomenal. Can't say enough good things about here.

Very nice! Sometimes it’s just nice to relax and watch the wildlife all around. Sit around the fire with a glass of good SA red wine. Listen to the different sounds. Have a sundowner. Me, I like a “sunupper”, ie coffee while watching the sunrise.
Enjoy the rest of your time there what ever you do!
Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations. Enjoy.

Since we had time to kill our ph Tiaan took us around to do different things. We got the chance to shoot some Guinea fowl, go zip lining, and to visit the taxidermist where our animals will be done. First pic is of 2 i got with one shot.
Second is at the end of our zip lining adventure.
Third is a pic from the taxidermist.
Great trip and sad to be home. Now we need to save up so we can go back again in a couple of years.

IMG_20181013_125307_139.jpeg
20181015_082522.jpeg
20181011_122859.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Thank you for sharing your report and pictures.

Sounds like you guys had a great trip. Thanks for sharing report and pics, you took a bunch of very nice animals. Well done!

Africa is an amazing place that changes your life forever. Congrats on your hunt and good luck on your next one!

Congrats!!

Dear Brewster6514, It was such a great pleasure having you guys here. Next time when you visit us, you will be in a our brand new camp we are busy setting up! Thank you for the great review. We do try our very best to ensure each and every hunter who goes through our camp leaves with the absolute best experience possible! When we visit the USA early next year, we would love to see you again. Keep well my friend

Two thumbs up. Congrats.

Dear Brewster6514, It was such a great pleasure having you guys here. Next time when you visit us, you will be in a our brand new camp we are busy setting up! Thank you for the great review. We do try our very best to ensure each and every hunter who goes through our camp leaves with the absolute best experience possible! When we visit the USA early next year, we would love to see you again. Keep well my friend
Was great being at your camp, excited to see the new one when we come again.(still dreaming of a buff like yours) Keep in touch and let me know when and where you'll be in the US, you have my number!

Brewster6514 - I see you are using a rifle with a suppressor.
Did you take the rifle suppressor combo over there or were you using one of the outfitters rifle?

Brewster6514 - I see you are using a rifle with a suppressor.
Did you take the rifle suppressor combo over there or were you using one of the outfitters rifle?
We used his rifle, a musgrave. 308, i never saw a need for one till i shot one. Now i wish we could have them here. So nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elkreaper17

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois