Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
several sporting clubs
Hunted
several
I just got back from my sixth hunting trip to Africa and took several nice animals, but a large baboon was at the top of my list(I have taken smaller ones). this big boy took a barnes 250 gr bullet at 2600 fps out of a CZ 550 in .375 H&H at 60 yards and he didn,t even go down at the shot, but ran out of sight into the bush about 40 yards with his whole right side (lungs-some guts) blown out. he was however dead when I got to him.

DSCN1801 (2).JPG
DSCN1799.JPG
DSCN1799 (2).JPG

Brilliant

Congrats!

Hope you only want a euro mount.
Glad you had a successful hunt.

Congrats, that´s a good one !

I wanted one and had extra time my last trip. I was using my 257W with 100gr TTSX or 120gr A-Frames. I shot 13 or 14 of them. I waited and got 2 with one shot. I brought home 4 skulls and am having this old gray back made into a full size mount. I thought the other photo(with a different one) was a good one. I also did more pest control and shot a bunch of monkeys with the outfitters suppressed 22RF
Baboon.JPG
Baboon Monkeys.JPG
back m

thats awesome, i wanted a baboon on my trip, but i kinda put it off until the end, chasing other critters, and then didnt see any when we went looking.

in fact, the only baboons i saw were smugly watching me, sitting on fence lines as we pulled into windhoek airport on departure day

Glad you finally got the one you wanted.

Leslie............well done! Pretty tough beast. You may have to go up to a 416.......Actually I have shot a few with sturdy bullets while plains game hunting, and had them run pretty far. A friend shot several with a 58 grain bullet from his 243 and it had instant and spectacular results. I would like to go on a trip to specifically shoot baboons sometime.......thanks for posting..................FWB

Im jealous! Very nice!

I took one my first trip have the skull sittin on my bar top kinda wish i kept the skin for a mount now to be honest. Ill be on the lookout for one my next trip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg