SOUTH AFRICA: On To Huntershill Safaris For Another Awesome Hunt

Bobpuckett,
In contrast to what we've been reading about Huntershill, this sounded like a great time was had by all. Congrats on all your trophies, some nice looking heads. That was my kind of hunt--play it by ear each day and take what strikes your fancy or what I like to call targets of opportunity.

Bobpuckett,
In contrast to what we've been reading about Huntershill, this sounded like a great time was had by all. Congrats on all your trophies, some nice looking heads. That was my kind of hunt--play it by ear each day and take what strikes your fancy or what I like to call targets of opportunity.

Thanks @Newboomer Yes a Great time was had by all, I got a few surprises when Clients I have booked in the past had such a great time that they booked a hunt to be able to have a few day to hunt with me when they heard I was going to be hunting there makes a guy feel good.

NICE write-up!
So you're the other guy that goes hunting with his wife!
I thought I was the only one. :D
Wait a minute...maybe it's my wife that goes hunting with her husband.
Hmmmmmmmmmm...:cool:

Again congrats esp. on that Buffalo!

NICE write-up!
So you're the other guy that goes hunting with his wife!
I thought I was the only one. :D

Again congrats esp. on that Buffalo!

Thanks BigSteve!

If I tried to go hunting without the wife she would probably have my head hanging on the wall. :censored:

There are 3 of us here at AH! My wife is always ready to go on our next hunting or fishing adventure!! I’m a very lucky man!

Yeah I have found more times then not, once you take your wife with you it's hard to go without them, They're not just going to let us get away with that stunt. :ROFLMAO:

That is a good looking buff. Picture perfect drop and spread, for my tastes at least. Nice old Tsessebe. Always good to take the old ones before they get too weak to defend themselves. I LOVE Deb's black Impala. I've seen some in the past and had not been overly impressed. That one is a beauty. Nice mass and he is BLACK. Well done.
Bruce

Congratulations on wonderful experience. (y)

That is a good looking buff. Picture perfect drop and spread, for my tastes at least. Nice old Tsessebe. Always good to take the old ones before they get too weak to defend themselves. I LOVE Deb's black Impala. I've seen some in the past and had not been overly impressed. That one is a beauty. Nice mass and he is BLACK. Well done.
Bruce
Thanks Bruce The lone Bull we tried to get on was a lot like this one a bit wider but the bosses weren't as good but still all and all I'm happy with him and yes Deb's Black Impala was really nice and the one running with it would have been within an inch I think of being as good as Deb's. The Funny part was I told Andy that got one the day before not to be mad when he seen Deb's well being an SCI Master Measure as soon as I got them to the salt room I pulled out the tape, them buggers were twins right down to the 1/8.

Bobby I am not into colour phase animals but that black impala of Deb's is incredible. I am sure to put it on my list for the next safari.

Bobby I am not into colour phase animals but that black impala of Deb's is incredible. I am sure to put it on my list for the next safari.
Thanks I'm the same way but I too thought about it when I seen the Black Impala at Huntershill but the wife beat me to it.

Funny how these posts started popping up after the truth started coming out. Hope you guys got good discounts for your write ups.....lol

Bob was just coming back from his hunt when the other thread started. He books hunts there but also hunts there himself. Probably none of our business if he gets a discount. The other fellow didn't have a good time on his hunt. We all get that. There is plenty of blame to go around on that one. Yes I have read the whole thread. Both sides failed to communicate. You might look back over the last 5 yrs or so of hunt reports. It appears to me that most folks seem to have a good time.
Bruce

Funny how these posts started popping up after the truth started coming out. Hope you guys got good discounts for your write ups.....lol
Again it doesn't take rocket science to do your research just seach my name and you will find I have been posting reports of hunts at Huntershill sense back in 2010 and not just 1 or 2.

Thanks Wayne, I am very proud of this one, and As far as where am I going to put him I decided to have him done in a floor pedestal mount so I could stick him right in the middle of the floor as that's about the only space I have left.

View attachment 285726

Did you have all of your SA mounts done by Umlindi? I have a safari at HH for 13 days June 2020 booked and have my quote back and am very happy with their pricing and response time has been incredible from Johan (always within 8-12 hrs). I’d like to make sure the profits from my hunt stay in SA but I worry with the stories I here of lost or bad taxidermy. This will be my first safari and I will be harvesting at least 8-10 plains game animals. Also, what should I expect regarding turnaround time using Umlindi on say 8 shoulder mounts?

Did you have all of your SA mounts done by Umlindi? I have a safari at HH for 13 days June 2020 booked and have my quote back and am very happy with their pricing and response time has been incredible from Johan (always within 8-12 hrs). I’d like to make sure the profits from my hunt stay in SA but I worry with the stories I here of lost or bad taxidermy. This will be my first safari and I will be harvesting at least 8-10 plains game animals. Also, what should I expect regarding turnaround time using Umlindi on say 8 shoulder mounts?
Yes I did, all of my trophies from the East Cape have been mounted by Umlindi.

Yes I did, all of my trophies from the East Cape have been mounted by Umlindi.

Thank you so much for the reply. Your trophy room looks amazing as does your taxidermy work. Any idea what sort of turnaround time I should expect with them doing 8-10 shoulder mounts?

Thank you so much for the reply. Your trophy room looks amazing as does your taxidermy work. Any idea what sort of turnaround time I should expect with them doing 8-10 shoulder mounts?
With Umlindi can run from 6 to 8 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg