Lifetime bronze benefactor
Platinum supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
i bought a lightweight piece of luggage for my July trip to SA only to just find out these type light weight luggage are now illegal in SA. What does the group think about this

As has been stated before under another thread, two options. Have your bag shrink wrapped before you go at the airport, or return your bag and purchase anew one to comply. Not worth the risk of not getting your bag for a connecting flight or worse, for your return home. SA is serious about this. See other thread for much greater details.

If memory serves me correctly there is a service located in the airport that will wrap bags!

I’m looking at a carry-on size, hard sided, 4 roller suitcase to use. Wondering if the rollers will eventually be a problem. All my stuff fits that size for a 10 day hunt, so that’s my plan until the next issue arises.

Would this apply to bags arriving at OR as final destination or for those in transit, or both? Are the domestic carriers going to bring this up at ones local airport and cause issues?

Going to be tough to ban any bags arriving as final destination. If you have a connecting flight that might be a problem. Yes there are wrappers for bags pretty in both Terminals.

Does the new rule requiring one flat side apply to carry on bags as well as checked baggage? (Assuming they both have to go through scanner). Most articles refer to checked bags.

Should only be for main luggage, carry on doesn't go on the carousel, that's where the jams occurs apparently, on en route to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smits

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg