SOUTH AFRICA: NAMIBIA: Somerby Safaris Great Organization

Barryw

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
We completed a 3+ week safari to Namibia and South Africa. The highlight of the trip was the week spent with Somerby Safaris. We had purchased a plains game hunt at an auction. When Andre, our PH, met us at the airport, he inquired if we would like to trade our plains game hunt for a cow cape buffalo hunt. We readily agreed as we had inquired about such a hunt in our prior correspondence. While we were picking up our tracker, Andre, and the Somerby home office, arranged for us to hunt at the Sandveld Nature Conservancy on the Free State and Northwest Province border. It is approximately 143 square mile area with no internal fences. Somerby's is so concerned with doing it right, that they called ahead to the lodge, arranged for the chef to stay late, and prepare us T-Bone steaks to our liking. We had a great hunt, a great PH, and the communication with Somerby's throughout the whole pre-hunt, hunt and post-hunt process was amazing.

I have only been to Africa with nine outfitters, so my knowledge base is not extensive, but I can recommend Somerby Safaris without reservation to anyone. You will have a great time, and be well cared for.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have been with nine Outfitters you have a pretty good basis for comparison.

Lets see this Cape Buffalo.

We completed a 3+ week safari to Namibia and South Africa. The highlight of the trip was the week spent with Somerby Safaris. We had purchased a plains game hunt at an auction. When Andre, our PH, met us at the airport, he inquired if we would like to trade our plains game hunt for a cow cape buffalo hunt. We readily agreed as we had inquired about such a hunt in our prior correspondence. While we were picking up our tracker, Andre, and the Somerby home office, arranged for us to hunt at the Sandveld Nature Conservancy on the Free State and Northwest Province border. It is approximately 143 square mile area with no internal fences. Somerby's is so concerned with doing it right, that they called ahead to the lodge, arranged for the chef to stay late, and prepare us T-Bone steaks to our liking. We had a great hunt, a great PH, and the communication with Somerby's throughout the whole pre-hunt, hunt and post-hunt process was amazing.

I have only been to Africa with nine outfitters, so my knowledge base is not extensive, but I can recommend Somerby Safaris without reservation to anyone. You will have a great time, and be well cared for.

Thanks for sharing but we need a bit of a hunting report and some pictures!

I know Drom and his lovely wife quite well, stand up fellow.

We would love to see a few pics !

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!:D
Please!

Andre and Drom definitely take care of their clients. I consider them both good friends and will go back with them again. Pictures please!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg