SOUTH AFRICA: NAMIBIA: Natal To Namibia With KMG Hunting Safaris

FF058C52-FB82-45D0-AB1A-59A15A0AF3FC.jpeg
916B2989-2315-49DD-A908-D1FDE4F9E3B4.jpeg
34C47F29-9ABD-478C-9CD6-904FD00CC583.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
3 hours of daylight left on the last day. Marius met back up with us and we figured my not let go look for that giraffe we still have daylight left and I had Beaufort my 500 nitro along on this trip and it had not been out of the case the entire time up until now. So a quick switch of rifle and we were on the hunt again. With Marius luck as I have none. We spotted a old lone bull almost immediately and once again the stalk was on. Ph in front me and marius following suit. I’m sure at this point the skinners were cussing me out as they had still not finished there work and would have a giant task ahead of them if we were to shoot a giraffe as well. A quick stalk thou and we had got to about 50 yards when the bull spotted us. He started to move away but mad the mistake of turning broad side at about 70 yards for one last look. That is all it took and the Heym found it’s mark high in the front shoulder. He went a few hundred yards still to my surprise before collapsing.

The hunt was over or well we still had about a hr of light let’s take the long drive back and look for a gemsbuck on the way. I bet no more than ten minutes in we spotted a few and headed after them on foot again. With light fading fast we caught up to one lone bull feeding no aware of us moving in 500 yards and closing moving in and out of the bush trying to beat the last light and get a shot in. We where pushing it to the wire as we had to pack and head out early for our flight back in the morning. We made a few fast paste walks to get into range and once again got lucky to get a shot in. I had a lot of long days hunting up to this point without much action other than checking baits but I can tell you we crammed a full bag plainsgame Safari into that last day it felt like. Even though I would have it any other way. As we got back to camp after dark and I was packing still in shock as I didn’t think we could do what we just had done all in the last day. It hit me the trip was over. Guess it time to see what is in store for the next one and if Marius is willing to put up with me again? What you say Marius KMG. Zambia or the Congo in your future I know we have talked bongo and some more of the little ones.

Awesome leopard! All fine trophies and an outstanding adventure getting to travel from location to location and even country to country! I like it!

That giraffe is so nice and dark and that’s a great idea showing how thick their skin is!
I hope to get a great Hartman’s like yours in 2020! Very handsome!
All gemsbuck are fine looking! IMO

Excellent report! Thanks!

Congrats on a fantastic hunt. All beautiful trophies. I was fortunate enough to hunt Vaal on the same property, a very memorable hunt.

Excellent hunt report! A lot of great animals were taken. A leopard in daylight, a very nice Vaal rhebok and finishing out the tiny ten.....I’m so jealous! I’m glad you had a good experience and a great hunt!

Congrats on the trip, the leopard especially!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,