SOUTH AFRICA: My October 2016 Hunt With AAA Africa Serapa Safaris

Congratulations Reedy!!

Thank you for all the kinds words gentlemen!

Day 7 Tuesday October 25th

After another great breakfast, we help the French client look for the buff we left last night. About 10 am we get on him, and they are able to put him down. After that we hunt our way back to the lodge before lunch. After some rest we head back out about 4pm, again focusing on gemsbok. We work around all the blocks where the gemsbok tend to concentrate more. We spot some here and there, groups of cows mostly or younger bulls. About 5 pm we get on a herd that has some mature bulls in it. We play cat and mouse with them for about 90 minutes. With last light quickly coming, we work out way into a shooting lane in the blackthorn where the herd is starting to work through. No big bulls however, so we work around the corner and to our surprise stands a bull and 2 cows, doesn;t take Jacques long to say shoot! Hard quartering away, he says aim for the far shoulder, so I do. Good hit, bull buckles and goes around the brush. We pursue quickly and find him down, one more follow up shot and he is done. I have wanted another gemsbok since I shot my first one, but this time I wanted width and mass, and boy did we get it in this bull. So thankful and grateful!
20161025_184537_004_resized.jpg
20161025_184612_resized.jpg

The night is capped of with another great dinner and Western Cape red wine!

Nice sabers on that beast!

Day 8 Wednesday October 26th

A day I never like to see come when on a hunting trip, the day you have to leave. We sleep in a little, have a nice breakfast, and start the journey to Johannesburg. Even though a 6 hour drive is never fun for me, I am one who certainly enjoys looking out the window at countryside, no matter where I am. Between that, lots of conversation with Jacques, and a few pit stops for fuel and food, its not that bad. I want to also include a few more pics of my time there and things around the lodge.
20161020_113846_resized.jpg
DSC01419.JPG
DSC01420.JPG
20161023_180528_resized.jpg
20161025_070245_resized.jpg
IMG-20161108-WA0006.jpg

Folks, AAA Africa Serapa Safaris met and exceeded all expectations. Both the amount and quality of game the the 45,000 acres is unbelievable. They have 4 of the Big 5 on the property!!
All the staff are very friendly, the PH's are very friendly as well. Jacques is a great guy who knows his stuff. I am amazed at the quality of every animal I was fortunate enough to take on this trip. I cant wait to get back! If anyone has any questions about @AAA Africa Serapa Safaris , please don't hesitate to PM me.

I without a doubt would recommend them to anybody looking for a great safari in an amazing place with an lot of game!

Goodbye South Africa...for now!!!

Glad you had a great hunt. You got some quality animals.

Thanks for sharing the report. (y)

Wow! What a great adventure! Those are some nice trophies. Serapa looks like a fantastic place to hunt. The lodge looks amazing!

Wow Charlie! I didn't know you was heading back to Africa. Great report and what a fantastic lodge! Excellent trophies congratulations on a fine hunt. Can you import the lioness?

Thank you @johnnyblues ! As of now there is little chance of import from all that I know, have researched, and have spoken with many different people about, but I'm keeping a glimmer of hope.

Super report, thanks for sharing! I may head there and try for black wildebeest.

Charles that is a nice cat. Great shooting sir! You loaded up this time man!

Thank you Charlie! It was a good time and great hunt!

Nice report! Sounds like you and Phil earlier this year had a great time there.

Outstanding! What a great trip, and some fine animals you took. Congrats!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg