Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA life member
Hunted
Namibia,USA, east cape sa
Hi guys and gals,
Been home for 2 days now, gonna start a report in a couple days.
Still recovering from jet lag and getting back to reality now!
Will say I had an excellent hunt/ experience!
Keep tuned,
Brandon

IMG_0320.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, look forward to hearing about it!

Glad to hear it turned out better than your last hunt....looking forward to the story and pics!

And I'm headed there next July-waiting excitedly!

Looking forward to your report.

Glad you had a great time! Enjoyed seeing you in camp, post more pictures!

Ok the start,
I've been wanting to get back to Africa. Been watching the deals section.
Talked to a few outfitters here, Game4Africa being one of them.
When Wik put up the free day fee deal, I jumped. Wanted to do the 2:1 hunt with my father. Well dad couldn't make it, personal reasons. Got ahold of my friend, fellow ah member Tim Novak, he was in!
Deposit down, airline tix bought, and then we were off!
The Coetzee family has a great operation, very friendly and very professional. Wikus is a great ph, very great at spotting animals and getting you in position for the shot, mainly all walk and stalk.
I told Wik earlier via email I had no set animals, take what Africa gives me!
Opportunity hunting! It worked out great!

My friend Tim will post his own report on his animals, I'll post mine.
Day 1: Wik picked us up in port Elizabeth, drove to kudu lodge, sighted our guns, Tim was right on, I had to adjust 3 clicks on my scope.
Had a couple castles, a delicious dinner, springbuck leg, chicken, potatoes veggies salad and a nice dessert. In bed by 9 pm

Day2:
Up at 5 am, light breakfast at 6 am. Hunting by 6:30, looking for kudu for Tim, seen a lot of game. One shooter bull kudu we put a stalk on, busted by baboons, sorry Tim!
Back to lodge for brunch at 10, very warm and windy today. Back after tims kudu in afternoon, seen 9 bulls together!
Ok hard for me to not talk about tims hunt, so I'll just say it was a great afternoon.
Had duiker tenderloin and kudu sausage for dinner. Delicious! All the food was great! Top notch!

Day 3: quick breakfast again, after a long walk Wik spotted 2 Nyala bulls, Wik said big. After thinking for a bit told Wik I'll go after one, Wik and I went after them, Wik said second one was big. Up on sticks 1st shot complete miss! Nyala fever I call that! 2nd shot I hit low in the shoulder.
Now I got to say very thick bush, and heading away from me quartered up hill. 200 yards. Anyway Wik sent tracker mike up the hill, mike found blood. Wik sent the dogs Rambo and diesel. Caught up with the Nyala after quite a ways. Finished him off. Thanks to the dogs, we didn't spend all day tracking him.
IMG_0692.JPG

Nice animals, I'm sure you had a great time!

Great Nyala and Eland. Sounds like a great start to the hunt.

Very nice nyala Brandon! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the hunt!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoraceBrei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!