Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Du .SCI and central wa. chapter
Hunted
New zealandand argentina,Canada,Tanzania eastern cape SA.Zimbabwa 14 states in the U.S.and soon in Mozambique
I had a great hunt with Ferdi Venter on the East cape of South Africa. We hunted 8 days in three locations. Karoo, the Grahams town area and Jeffreys Bay area.I really got to see a lot of the East Cape.On day one the 7th of Oct. We saw a ton of animals. Blue Wildebeest, Impala,s Diker,s Giraffe's and Blesbok. No shots today.On the 8th shot a large red hartebeest,thanked him for the rest of the day stopped at dark. That nite it rained hard on the 9th our trackers and ourself looked for signs but the rain wiped away all the blood.The first animal I lost in 54 years. On the 9th I shot a BLUE WILDEBEEST. OUR CREW HAD A HARD TIME WITH THE EXTRACTION. We SAW GEMSBOOK, BLUE WILDEBEEST ELAND, MT. REEDBOOK AND DIKERS. ON THE 10th, I shot a GEMSBOOK AND SAW REDHARTEBEEST, IMPALA,STEINBOK KUDU,S AND GIRAFFES. Moved to GRAHAMSTOWN on THE 11th.
PUT on a stalk on a very large Nyala , good shot only went 10 feet.The rest of the day we looked for some Eland and saw A lot of Kudu,s blesbok, warthhog,s and impala,s On the 12th we found two old Eland bulls. After a good stalk, I shot the bigger of the two. It took 4 rounds to put him down for good.Again we saw a lot of animals giraffe,s, kudu,impala, nyala,s and blue wildebeest. We moved to the Jeffreys bay area on the 13th put on many stalks, then just about the last minute Ferdi said he would like to look at one last place.There was 4 female bushbucks and one large bull bushbok. A great last minute stalk and a good shot just over 200 yards and my Eastern cape was over. Ferdi was a great PH and we hunted hard for 8 days. You can get a hold of Ferdi at www.ferdivinterhunting.com.

Sad to lose a critter.
It is like a candy store isn't it.

Glad you enjoyed your hunt.

Thank you for posting your hunt report no1waterdog.

Thanks for the report the East Cape is great glad you had a great hunt sorry to hear you lost an animal. Please post some pics as soon as you get a chance.

See Ferdi Venter posting for the pictures. John

John I was just looking at the Pics Ferdi posted for you those are some very nice animals. Congrats

Thank you ,I am truly blessed. Plus Fredi did a Great job for me.John

Congrats for your hunt, and thanks for sharing !

John

Thank you for the kind words.

Ferdi

Hey John

do you have any pics of your mounts ?

Ferdi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg