SOUTH AFRICA: My First Safari With KMG Safaris

I love every one of your animals and the stories to go with them!

The kudu in particular I love.... That is how I've always envisioned mine looking.

That is Awesome, Marius is getting you on some good animals.

Nice safari and i like your trophy selection.

thank you for sharing :D

Great stories and fantastic animals.
Thanks for sharing!
Marius is a great PH and Outfitter.
I am looking forward to my next hunt with him and driving him close to insane trying to get it done stalking with my bow :)

Thanks for sharing your report and photos - I warned you that you would be "hooked" - it's just such an incredible adventure being in Africa. Congrats on the beautiful trophies - well done both you and Marius!

Day 8, starts as usual coffee and breakfast, out the door to see what Africa has waiting for me today. We are staying on property today looking for an Impala, we go to a nice spot to glass from, and start see different animals. We are looking in this area because Marius knows there is a big ram in the area, we spot the impala, and I hear after a few minutes I hear those familiar words "let's go". Once we get to the area we have walk above and around the area where we spotted the impala, needed to be hunting into the wind. We see some warthogs, sheep and cows, but no impala, then we hear the distinct sound of a grunting impala ram, he seems to be close. We keep hearing the grunting first close then in a distance, then we spot a female then another next thing you know there are 15 or so impala in front of us 40 yards away. We are sitting in a small thicket they don't have a clue we are there, suddenly here comes the ram at a slow gallop, I raise the rifle no shot, I stay on him still no shot he won't stop. The ram runs out of sight, we sit there and a minute later he's back still moving fast, up come the rifle no shot, he runs out of sight, and the females follow. Marius says we still have a chance, but we have to wait for a couple of females to follow the rest of them, and they slowly start to leave. Out of the corner of my eye 20 feet away I spot movement another ram is coming in to see what going on, he's big. I poke Marius and point, all I hear is shoot him, and in a split second my ram is down, a 20 foot shot, Marius looks at me shaking his head, he can't believe my luck. Back to the skinning shed and off the lunch, later that day we go back to an area where had seen a duiker, but no luck this evening.

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MTA
Day 9, our routine is the same coffee and breakfast, we decide to go after Mt. reedbuck Marius says he know a good place about 20 minutes down the road. Once on site Marius is right to work, and in a matter of minutes he spots our reedbucks, now he spots these animals in what looks like a mile away or more. You all know what I hear "lets' go" and were off, down through an old river bed, over a fence we didn't see, and finally 2 hours later were in position. There is a young ram and a older one, the old ram decides to lay down, we can see his head and nothing else, so we wait, the others in the group are feeding but he wants to rest. I'm starting to get restless, not a comfortable position, Marius says he can get him to stand, but we will have only one chance, how far is he? 160 yards. Ok let's take the chance make him stand, to late we hear a whistle, and up he stands, I'm on target, touch her off and the reedbuck jumps and falls 20 yards from where he laid down. As you can see he has some worn down horns, fat like cigars, and a scar on his nose from fighting, I look at Marius and tell him I'm done hunting, 7 days 7 beautiful trophies, my life's dream has come true.

watermark.php

Reactions: MTA
Awesome Old Bugger you took some fine trophies Congrats!

Hi everyone, thanks for reading about my trip and all the nice replys, I see I had some spelling errors, along with punctuation errors, and I might have spelled the name of the truck wrong, bucky? Not sure. This trip was 20 years in the making, and turned out to be the best trip a man could ask for. I would like to thank my wife for understanding my wish to go hunt Africa, Lori Spears of Travel Express, best ever, Afton House, and the staff of KMG Hunting Safari's. Marius Goosen is one hard hunting machine, and my friend now, we gave each other a bunch of crap everyday, I was lucky to have him as my PH. I also would like to thank Africa Hunting.com, this is a great website, along with all the men and women who contribute their stories and knowlege of Africa. I'm currently recruiting my friends to make a return trip back to Africa, I think I have some interst after they veiwed my pictures. If I have no takers for my return trip I will go again by myself, it's that much fun. Thanks everyone! Kurt

29 days and I leave to hunt with Marius, P M sent

41 days and my wife and I head to Vic Falls and then on to KMG.

That is a dandy Bushbuck. It's great to hunt with someone who knows his properties and his game and really likes to hunt.

Congratulations on some great trophies and thanks for the report.

That is a dandy Bushbuck. It's great to hunt with someone who knows his properties and his game and really likes to hunt.

Congratulations on some great trophies and thanks for the report.
Thanks Birckburn, Marius knows his stuff that's for sure, he told where the Bushbuck would come out and sure enough they did.

That is a fine looking bunch of trophies! Ya done good for sure. Congrats.

That is a fine looking bunch of trophies! Ya done good for sure. Congrats.
Thank you sir, I'm still one happy camper, can't wait until I have my trophies home.

Congrats and thanks to share whit us.(y)

Great hunting report. Hey the same thing happened to me on my impala as your bushbuck a dud round.

Congratulations :) Had a great time, taking some great trophies. Amazing. That bushbuck is on the top of my list next time I arrive in the Eastern cape for sure.
I think the word is bakkie (bucky). Thanks for a great report and congratz on your new addiction ;)

Awesome roll up and cant wait till next May when I get to do my first safari. Thanks for shari h

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg